Yesterday's webinar: I thought I saw this

Donald Cobb

Hi all,

At the end of yesterday's webinar with Martin Abegg, I thought I saw Mark Allison click on the hyperlink to a footnote of a resource and the footnote itself open in a separate pane linked with the resource so that it then scrolled with it. Did I actually see this?

I tried afterwards to reproduce it, without success. If I click on the hyperlink, it goes directly to the note, in the same pane. Is there a setting I'm missing? If there was some way of doing this, it would be absolutely fantastic, as footnotes are a little bit of a pain as  they are operating in my normal setup.

BTW, Abegg's seminar was great. I really enjoyed it. Many thanks to all at Accordance for organizing this Academy!

• Like 1

When you click on a footnote in a Text (like the Dead Sea Scrolls Bible) it should always open in a new zone.

However, when you click on a footnote in a Tool (like a commentary), it will navigate to that footnote. You then have to click the "back" button to return to your original location. 

In order to stay at my current location in a Tool, and still see the footnote, I hold down the Option (Mac) / Alt (Win) key while clicking on the footnote. That opens a pop-up instead of moving your location.

• Like 1

Thanks Mark. It would be a great addition if you could click on the hyperlink have the note open in a parallel window and have the notes stay with the text as you read and scroll down. Having a parallel notes pane as it is now is one of the options that could use some tweaking, IMO.

Maybe this could be considered as a feature request. I don't know how easy it would be to implement it.

• Like 1

Just as an example, this is my preferred book reading setup, with TOC and notes in parallel, like when you read a physical book (except that the notes aren't at the bottom of the page, obviously):

post-34440-0-45303300-1593000518_thumb.jpg

Now if this could also be justified, it would be close to absolute perfection!  :D

• Like 3