New Expanded Timeline

Paul Meiklejohn

Just a heads up... the new 'Expanded Timelime' is available for purchase but needs Accordance 13.1.2 which hasn't been realeased yet.  I'm sure Acc. know that, and are about to release the update. But you may want to hold off until you have the update.  P.s. it looks like an amazing update!! 

• Like 1

Can't wait to get this - it looks really good and it is great to see the expansion is not just temporal but across faiths!!!

• Like 1

Sorry that the Accordance 13 update is not quite ready. We wanted to include the Timeline update (which is major!) in this week's sale, but 13.1.2 wasn't fully ripe yet. it should become available this week, and probably sooner rather than later.

• Like 4

Accordance 13.1.2 is out so I got my first look at the expanded timeline.  I like it.  It includes Usher's dates for the predeluvians (I never saw that on the old timeline, but maybe I just missed it) which is helpful in my studies in Genesis.  The added historical data on the Protestant Reformation is also very helpful.  Of course, as nice as the module is, we picky customers always want more.  One addition I would like to see added are the western philosophers from Thales down to the present day.  Some are included, but most are missing.  Also, it would be nice if users could add their own dates.  But those recommendations are not intended to disparage the product as it is.  I am very happy with what you have given us.  Great job guys.

• Like 1

If you added it. Unfortunately you can't share it with me. Which makes in my eyes not so attractive to add own dates. It will be then only for you. The full work for only one person is not so efficient. Thats why I request to export and import and the merge the files.

Greetings

Fabian

• Like 2

I downloaded the latest version of Accordance, 13.1.2, and bought the expanded timeline. But in the Accordance menu in the About Timeline, it still says version 1, 2002. I don't seem to have the new things I see on the David Lang video.

I downloaded the latest version of Accordance, 13.1.2, and bought the expanded timeline. But in the Accordance menu in the About Timeline, it still says version 1, 2002. I don't seem to have the new things I see on the David Lang video.

Did you download it in Easy Install?

Thanks for the heads-up. We'll get this adjusted asap.

Yes

As Mark indicated, I believe the incorrect year and version number are just oversights. However, to see if you actually have an updated version, run a search in the Timeline for "Accordance." If you can find us, you've got the new version.

Ha, I haven't noticed. Accordance is on the Time Line. Cool. 

Fabian

• Like 3

I just downloaded the New Time Line. It's fabulous. 

But there are some items mixed up with languages.

I use it in spanish. For example: Sometimes says "Imperio" and others "Kingdom". The same with the regions menus. And less with the items, sometimes says "de" others "of".

It's not a big deal for me because I speak and read english very well.

Just a tip for future updates.

Thanks!

Daniel Alejandro Cutri,

Buenos Aires, Argentina.

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback, Daniel!  Sometimes our localizations lag a little behind the original language.  In this case, it is a whole new database, so our localizers haven't had a chance to work through all of the many new items in it.  As soon as the new translations are ready, it will be part of a free Accordance update.

• Like 2

Why does not the "World" section of the Timeline show up all the time? If I select the Timeline under File/NewTab or open the Library that shows my items on the left of the screen and select Timeline, the "World" does not show up. The top of the screen is Rome/Italy. If I search for "Accordance" as R Mansfield suggested then I get a dialog box that says the section "World" is temporally added. Why is it not always there?

Why does not the "World" section of the Timeline show up all the time? If I select the Timeline under File/NewTab or open the Library that shows my items on the left of the screen and select Timeline, the "World" does not show up. The top of the screen is Rome/Italy. If I search for "Accordance" as R Mansfield suggested then I get a dialog box that says the section "World" is temporally added. Why is it not always there?

If you click on "Rome/Italy" in the drop-down list, is there an option for "All Regions"?

I got it, but in the drop-down box, which reads "All", I had to select "define region layers" and then a new box comes up with all the layers listed. I had to check "Eastern Europe," "Western Europe," and "World." Now they display when the Timeline is opened. Thanks.

Are we to guess that David Lang is a Billy Joel fan? (1989!)  :P

• Like 3

My eyes are not as strong as I would like -- somehow, I can not find the David Lang video? Can anyone send me a link? I am all downloaded and "good-to-go" otherwise, and so far: it is absolutely awesome. However, I know that Mr. Lang can show me even more features, so I would love to view his video

My eyes are not as strong as I would like -- somehow, I can not find the David Lang video? Can anyone send me a link? I am all downloaded and "good-to-go" otherwise, and so far: it is absolutely awesome. However, I know that Mr. Lang can show me even more features, so I would love to view his video

Here you go!

I found the David Lang video -- by searching on YOUTUBE. May I suggest that: there is readily accessible link at ACCORDANCE? THANKS. Glad that I found it!

I found the David Lang video -- by searching on YOUTUBE. May I suggest that: there is readily accessible link at ACCORDANCE? THANKS. Glad that I found it!

It’s linked on our most recent blog post, which is devoted to the Timeline. It will also be duplicated soon on the June 2020 eAcademy page. 

Great work on the New Timeline, so much to take in, really well done...

Quick question - I've added the descendants of Noah to the Timeline as user items but the Scripture References I've added to the entries do not hyperlink to instant details as expected (and as other standard entries do). I checked the user items David Lang added as examples - 'Balaam' and 'Jael kills Sisera' and the Scripture references do not hyperlink with those either, does something else need to happen to get these to work?

Thanks Paul