New Expanded Timeline

Paul Meiklejohn

After adding the descendants of Noah as User Items they appear all bunched up on the Timeline so they cannot be distinguished, do I need to do something else to get them to sit one above the other as other Standard Items? (See screenshot below)

Also, when I search for the newly created User Items, they turn red, but remain red, in the screenshot I searched for Nahor, then Shem, then Noah, Nahor and Shem remain red after I searched for Noah.

post-33969-0-44128400-1593809755_thumb.jpg

Great work on the New Timeline, so much to take in, really well done...

Quick question - I've added the descendants of Noah to the Timeline as user items but the Scripture References I've added to the entries do not hyperlink to instant details as expected (and as other standard entries do). I checked the user items David Lang added as examples - 'Balaam' and 'Jael kills Sisera' and the Scripture references do not hyperlink with those either, does something else need to happen to get these to work?

After adding the descendants of Noah as User Items they appear all bunched up on the Timeline so they cannot be distinguished, do I need to do something else to get them to sit one above the other as other Standard Items? (See screenshot below)

Also, when I search for the newly created User Items, they turn red, but remain red, in the screenshot I searched for Nahor, then Shem, then Noah, Nahor and Shem remain red after I searched for Noah.

I'm guessing these 2 issues are bugs???

The first two issues are bugs, thank you for the reports.  The first has already been fixed, the second will undoubtably be fixed soon.

Searching for an item 'adds' it to the Timeline as an Extra Item.  It won't be removed until you select and delete it, or choose "Clear Extra Items" from the Items popup.  You can customize many details of how Extra Items are displayed in the Set Timeline Display dialog (Ctrl+T).  This feature is actually very useful, as people can quickly build up a set of just a few specific dates for easy comparison.

• Like 1

Thanks Joel, 

Good to know fixes are on the way. 

I hadn't appreciated the Extra Items search facility, so thanks for clarifying this as well, something else to play around with  :)  

I watched David's video, and it is good, but I'm a bit overwhelmed. Is there a condensed version that someone could put together summarizing the changes (maybe something Rick could produce)?

Thanks!

I watched David's video, and it is good, but I'm a bit overwhelmed. Is there a condensed version that someone could put together summarizing the changes (maybe something Rick could produce)?

Thanks!

Condensed version (under 20 minutes) coming tomorrow!

• Like 2

I appreciate all the new data that has been made available in the new Timeline. Thank you! I have a question about searching names. When I search for a person by name I can find them only by the first name. For instance, if I look for Charles Spurgeon or Charles Hodge I cannot find them by entering Spurgeon or Hodge, I must enter Charles and from there find the last name. Is there a setting somewhere that I am missing, or should this be a feature request?

• Like 2

Rick, how will I find your condensed video?

Great! Is the Lighting the Lamp Podcast back? I pulled it from Apple Podcasts when the final episode aired. I can re-add it. :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Great work on the New Timeline, so much to take in, really well done...

Quick question - I've added the descendants of Noah to the Timeline as user items but the Scripture References I've added to the entries do not hyperlink to instant details as expected (and as other standard entries do). I checked the user items David Lang added as examples - 'Balaam' and 'Jael kills Sisera' and the Scripture references do not hyperlink with those either, does something else need to happen to get these to work?

The first two issues are bugs, thank you for the reports.  The first has already been fixed, the second will undoubtably be fixed soon.

Joel / Team Accordance,

Thanks for the latest release 13.1.3, I'm pleased to report that issue 1 is fixed and working well, but issue 2 'user items appear all bunched up on the timeline so they can't be distinguished' still remains. Is this still pending for the next release? Or do I need to delete my items and re-create them?

Thanks Paul 

I did specifically fix a bug with items overlapping in the timeline, but I guess if it's still happening for you, there may be a second bug.

Can you definitely replicate the overlapping items bug in a new timeline, or is it only when you open a saved session?

If it's happening even in a new timeline, can you email me the "Timeline.acc1" and "User Items.acc1" preference files? They should be located in C:\Users\~user~\AppData\Local\Accordance\Accordance Preferences.  I believe you already have my email address.

Edited by Silas Marrs
  • Like 1

Great! Is the Lighting the Lamp Podcast back? I pulled it from Apple Podcasts when the final episode aired. I can re-add it. :-)

Yes, it's back with a new format. Look for another episode in the next few weeks.

• Like 1

I did specifically fix a bug with items overlapping in the timeline, but I guess if it's still happening for you, there may be a second bug.

Can you definitely replicate the overlapping items bug in a new timeline, or is it only when you open a saved session?

If it's happening even in a new timeline, can you email me the "Timeline.acc1" and "User Items.acc1" preference files? They should be located in C:\Users\~user~\AppData\Local\Accordance\Accordance Preferences.  I believe you already have my email address.

Thanks Silas,

I've just sent you an e-mail...