How do I Cycle Through Multiple Hits in the New Time Line?

Fabian

Hello 

Many thanks for the 13.1.2 update and the new abilities to go to the Time Line from a Verse Reference by right click. If I do so I have multiple hits in the Time Line. Thats great, but how do I go through the Hits?

The Option-Command-up/down like in the Tools doesn't work and I see no button to push.

Maybe Buttons left of the + - for the increasing decreasing would be great.

I have seen the Webinar with David. And it is possible he has mentioned it, but I didn't remember. He's using the person "David" to show the multiple Hits, but thats all I still know.

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian

Accordance has never had a way to cycle through multiple hits in the Timeline. Historically, Accordance would just zoom out to show all the items found as a result of an amplify. We realized late in the development cycle of 13.1.2 that all the added Timeline data makes that approach cumbersome, because you can end up with David at 1000 BC in Israel and David Brainerd at 1718 in the Americas. Zooming out enough to show both those items makes it impossible to see that they are highlighted. Our initial stopgap solution was to bring up a list of found items you could choose from when you amplify. So with the example of David, I could choose the biblical David and focus on that result.

If I do an amplify which yields only a few results in the same general area, like from a Scripture reference, Accordance just shows all the hit items as it always has and doesn't present the dialog to choose specific items. All you can do is click each highlighted item for more information.

We've got ideas for ways to improve the Timeline search feature (one of which was a way to cycle through hits), but as I said, I presented our programmers with this issue late in the testing phase of 13.1.2. Feedback like this will help us determine the best approach for future improvements.

• Like 5

Many thanks for your explanation. 

Greetings

Fabian