I'm not able to Import a User Bible/Quran

Fabian

Hello 

Instead of importing the txt files. Accordance asks where the file is!

Greetings

Fabian

• Like 1

I know you and I spoke about this via email, but just for any future readers, this bug is because User Bibles can't have unicode in the name.  When importing, choose a name with simple ASCII text and this should not happen.

• Like 1

I know you and I spoke about this via email, but just for any future readers, this bug is because User Bibles can't have unicode in the name.  When importing, choose a name with simple ASCII text and this should not happen.

Hi, Silas,

Is this likely to always be this way for User Bibles?

I hope it'll be changed. In some cases, it's rather important to use a Unicode character in the name/title.

Thanks,

Eric

Edited by EricC
  • Like 1

Currently Accordance avoid unicode where it interference with the system. Also unicode Bible book names are reverted to non unicode, even if then the book name is not correct. Example for this the Bible book names in the Latvian Bibele. 

Eric: 

I have made the Latvian Korāns no Korans (without the unicode) for you. Have you received it?

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian

Unicode is fully supported in Stacks, Papers, and other preferences, just not (yet) the file names of User Notes, User Tools, and User Bibles.

• Like 1

Thanks, Joel. I'm sure it is an amazing amount of work! Thanks for the hope that someday. "Yet" means a lot to me …

• Like 1