Patriarchs Critical dating in Timeline

Linzc

I've had the Timeline for quite some time (pun intended!) but haven't used it that much. I just updated to the expanded version and was looking around and noticed that if you choose Critical dates (my preference), the display for Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Joseph seems rather wonky. No matter how much you want to question the veracity of the biblical text, it seems rather odd that you would imagine Joseph to have lived 150 years prior to Isaac and Jacob. Doesn't it?post-30745-0-81215000-1593737904_thumb.jpg

Something is definitely wonky. Joseph appears in the right order for me in both Conservative and Critical. Your screenshot also shows two instances of several of the pharaohs.

• Like 1

Thanks David. Based on your comment about the doubling up of Pharaohs, I wondered whether it had to do with the updating process to the Extended Timeline, so I deleted all Timeline related files from my system then did 'Easy Install' and when it came up showing 'Timeline' and 'Extended Timeline' I just checked the Extended one and downloaded that.

When I looked at the Timeline it looked correct, and I thought that must have been the issue, but some further investigation showed that actually that was not the case after all...

Deleting the Timeline files I also deleted the Timeline Prefs and as a result the Timeline Defaulted back to showing all regions and all layers. But when I changed the layers setting to "All but Ussher" the bug re-appeared - both the Jacob thing and the multiple Pharaoh instances. If you have "All items" selected for layers the timeline seems reasonable in both 'Conservative' and 'Critical' modes, but if you select "All but Ussher" then both 'Critical' and 'Conservative' modes dislocate Jacob and show Pharaoh 'double-ups'! Interestingly, the 'Conservative' mode dislocates Jacob but Isaac is reasonable whereas in 'Critical' mode both Isaac and Jacob appear long after Joseph!

Oh well, guess I'll just keep Ussher switched on until Accordance squashes this one!

Linzc, I would suggest opening Accordance in Safe Mode and removing the Timeline that way. Then try re-installing once again.

So, I'm seeing something similar, but not precisely the same.  With the timeline set for Critical, and Items set for "All but Ussher," Joseph is in roughly the right place, but blends with Jacob (which it doesn't with "All Items"), but Abraham gets moved waaay back and several Pharoahs are duplicated.  I will try Julie's suggestion and see if that works.

post-407-0-15970800-1593784840_thumb.png

Hmm...so how does one uninstall the timeline?  "Remove item" in the Library is greyed out for the timeline.

Hmm...so how does one uninstall the timeline?  "Remove item" in the Library is greyed out for the timeline.

Open Accordance in Safe Mode. There is an option to remove the Timeline.

Open Accordance in Safe Mode. There is an option to remove the Timeline.

Aah...I misunderstood your directions.  I thought you meant open in safe mode, and then once open remove.  I looked through the options in the safe mode window briefly, but completely missed that listing.  Sorry to be so dense.

So, uninstalled in Safe mode, reinstalled through Easy Install, no change.  I did notice that the shift from "All items" to "All but Ussher" also changes the height of the subregion that includes the Hyksos Period.

Also:  when the timeline is set for Conservative, the Joseph entry behaves, but the Pharoahs are still duplicated.

Edited by Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Here's another weird piece:  If "All but Ussher" is selected, the World region is completely empty except for a batch of 20th century translations; when it is set to "All Items," those translations appear under the Americas.  This is true both for "critical" and "conservative" timelines.