Timeline Expanded Edition hypertext always default to HCSBS

RickS

When clicking on the hypertext of an item in the timeline I get an error message that the text "HCSBS" is not currently available to Accordance. For example I clicked on Josiah then clicked on the hypertext "2Kings 22:1-23:30" I get the above error message. This also happens if I hover over the reference. In my Preferences under Timeline Display --> Hypertext I have the Default text set to ESV with Strong's. 

Rick, I think there is a bug in the preferences menu for making changes to the default text and tool, it won't let you make permanent changes, This is also true for the atlas.   Open Timeline and use Command-T (on a Mac) or Display / Set Timeline Display from the menu bar and change your hypertext defaults from there.  Don't forget to click 'save as default' to save.  You may have to close and restart Timeline for the changes to take effect.  This should work. 

Edited by Paul Meiklejohn
  • Like 1

Thanks Paul! That worked. Oddly enough this morning it was pulling up ESV when I clicked on the hyperlink even before I tried your suggestion.

• Like 1