Copy as citation

Outis

Hello,

When I use the copy as citation (control + command + c), the settings seem to be broken with the new update.  Specifically the Bible book names aren't abbreviated and the location url isn't added.

Could someone please look into this?

This is working for me. Could you check to make sure "Abbreviate book name" is selected in your citation preferences?

There's been a change to how we add the location URL. It's now a hyperlink embedded in the Text abbreviation (if you have that selected) or part of the verse reference if you don't.

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. the imbedded link does not work.  Here's a screenshot from my user notes.  Notice in the bottom right the citation from BDF.  There is a part that is highlighted in blue. But it doesn't go anywhere when I click on it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e7nlpxrr5nwc7an/Screen%20Shot%202020-07-09%20at%2010.05.06%20AM.png?dl=0

As a follow up, please note that this weird behavior of not being able to add a url link (or location link) does not seem to happen with bibles. Instead, it seems to just be happening to the non-bible modules (BDF; Book of Concord, Schmid's dogmatics, etc)

The hyperlink works if you paste into word or some other word processor, but apparently not into Accordance.  I've added this to my list of bugs to fix.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

A follow up:

This error still persist, even in the newest update.  If, for example, I copy as citation, I get the following:

§ 137. Determination and indetermination: the article1

3) Local objects (sometimes with the nuance a certain): Gn 16.7 על־עֵין הַמַּ֫יִם near a (certain) spring (Ex 2.15 על־הַבְּאֵר near a (certain) well; Gn 28.11 he came to a (certain) place; 1Kg 19.9 הַמְּעָרָה a cave (comp. Gn 19.30).

Paul Joüon and T. Muraoka, A Grammar of Biblical Hebrew, vol. 27 of Subsidia biblica. Accordance electronic ed. (Roma: Pontificio istituto biblico, 2006), paragraph 3.

The blue-colored link works in applications outside of Accordance (pages, Mellel, etc). But if I paste the citation in my user notes, the link doesn't work.