Apple Magic Keyboard & Trackpad Support

danielamari

I would like to request support for the new Apple magic case for the ipad, in particular the trackpad. This is possibly the best accessory for the iPad Pro. Allowing the selection of text through the trackpad is significant. Thank you very much.

• Like 1

It works. I used the Trackpad throughout my last webinar on iOS.

Greetings Richard,

Thank you for responding very fast. Have you tried to select a text? For some reason I am unable to use the trackpad to select a text in accordance. Thanks.

I am adding pictures to demonstrate the difference:

The current behavior of Accordance is as follows:

1) When the cursor approaches the text, it stays the same: a circle.

2) Click on the trackpad and hold.

2) A word is selected with two edges that can be dragged

3) Click on edge and drag it.

However, the above is not an appropriate support for the trackpad. It is not a natural trackpad behavior. Compared the above with the various Apple apps such as Apple pages:

1) When the cursor approaches the text, the cursor changes from a circle to something like this “[“

2) you click at the beginning of the text (without holding)

3) Then you drag from there to select the appropriate text.

Pictures are included.

post-35133-0-39293200-1594078215_thumb.jpeg

post-35133-0-13758600-1594078230_thumb.jpeg

post-35133-0-42035900-1594078243_thumb.jpeg

post-35133-0-64557800-1594078251_thumb.jpeg

Yes. It is not a complete support of the trackpad. And the most required fix IMO is the synchronization between the two window is broken when using two fingers scroll with the trackpad.  

• Like 1

Yes. It is not a complete support of the trackpad. And the most required fix IMO is the synchronization between the two window is broken when using two fingers scroll with the trackpad.  

Same here.... both trackpad and mouse breaks the link between the two windows, but fingers or pencil work as expected.

we both reported this early on, so hope a fix is in the works.... I’m sure it will be. :)

This is a good point. I can confirm also the synchronization problem between the two windows.

However, for me, the lack of appropriate support for text selection by a trackpad is the showstopper here.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Do the staff recognize the out of sync issue of the magic keyboard(trackpad)? 

Agreed that the trackpad “works” with Accordance now, but the current functionality isn’t what most people mean by “supporting the trackpad/Magic Keboard.” Ulysses, Things 3, Apple Notes are great examples of supporting the trackpad. I’m sure Accordance developers know the difference and are working on it for the next big release.

I can also confirm that when I have a resource open in parallel it doesn’t stay in sync when I scroll with the trackpad. 

Trackpad support is on the docket for the next major rev, and shouldn't be too difficult to implement.

The bug of the lack of parallel pane sync has been fixed in the upcoming 3.0.10.

Thanks for the feedback!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...