Final letters misbehaving in BHS-W4

דוד בן משה

Notice how in BHS-W4 the מנצפכ letters are mistakenly in their final form (םןץףך) before suffixes. This occurs whether or not the "automatic final letter" option is clicked in preferences→Greek & Hebrew, and whether or not Accordance is restarted. Notice this problem does not occur in HMT-W4 for the same words. I will now be switching to HMT-W4 but thought you should know. 

My accordance is up to date (13.1.2). My Mac is running Mojave 10.14.6.

post-36211-0-45956300-1594133788_thumb.png

post-36211-0-60024800-1594134177_thumb.png

• Like 1

In general, the BHS-W4 is a longtime deprecated product, and we have been encouraging users to switch to the HMT-W4 for years.

That switch is a free upgrade, so there is no reason not to do it, just order it.

*While this was true at the time Helen made this post, as of July 1st 2021 there is no longer a free upgrade to the BHS-W4 available. Just FYI.

Edited by Billy32792
Outdated information

• 2 weeks later...

Whenever I click on a verse in BDB, BHS-W4 is the module that pops up, not HMT-W4 (picture attached). HMT-W4 is at the top of my library, not BHS-W4. How do I get Accordance to "forget" BHS-W4 entirely, even when clicking on references?

post-36211-0-40146400-1595122321_thumb.png

Using the little gear icon at the top right of the BDB pane, click in the Set Tool Display Option and check what is assigned to the Text section under Hypertext. On a Mac Cmd-T will get you there immediately when in the BDB pane.

—Joseph

In general, the BHS-W4 is a longtime deprecated product, and we have been encouraging users to switch to the HMT-W4 for years.

I think anyway this should be fixed,  and I requested before to update the module to the newest morph. 

For Europe the BHS is still the ones which are used in the universities. Maybe not in America, but where I live. 

I think anyway this should be fixed,  and I requested before to update the module to the newest morph. 

For Europe the BHS is still the ones which are used in the universities. Maybe not in America, but where I live. 

The BHS-T is available, and works with the apparatus. It's only the BHS-W4 that has been deprecated. 

The BHS-T is available, and works with the apparatus. It's only the BHS-W4 that has been deprecated. 

Ah thanks. 

Does the BHS-T get the new morph?

Edited by Fabian

Using the little gear icon at the top right of the BDB pane, click in the Set Tool Display Option and check what is assigned to the Text section under Hypertext. On a Mac Cmd-T will get you there immediately when in the BDB pane.

—Joseph

That worked. I never knew about that function. Thank you Solly. 

• Like 1