Non-Roman characters do not render properly in a User Tool

TPB

I work in a Bible translation project that uses some non-Roman characters and I am not able to see them correctly when I import our text into a User Tool. I'm guessing the issue is that the User Tool has limited font capabilities at this point. Am I correct in this or am I missing something. I have tried importing our text as plain text, as html, and as a pdf. I have also created a new User Tool and opened the editor and pasted in some of our text but it consistently removes our non-Roman characters.

I've attached several files that show what happens when Accordance renders our text in a User Tool. The first is called 'Actual Text' and it is a screenshot of our text as it should be. The next is "Text entered into User Tool' and it shows that our non-Roman characters are removed. The next is 'Accordance rendering of html' and it shows our non-Roman characters as gibberish (a technical term). The last one 'non-Roman characters' is a list of those characters in our language that do not render correctly.

I'd love to be able to use our text in Accordance, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Tim Beckendorf

post-30625-0-41753200-1594647804_thumb.png

post-30625-0-40351800-1594647848_thumb.png

post-30625-0-92403800-1594648048_thumb.png

post-30625-0-93849100-1594648334_thumb.png

User Tools do not support unicode at this point.  If you convert the source file to Mac-Roman encoding (make a copy first!), any characters that work in that encoding should import correctly.  

Thank you for your response. What would be an example of Mac-Roman encoding?

I would import it as User Bible not User Tool.

1. it is a Bible

2. User Bible support unicode

3. ...

Edited by Fabian

Thank you for the link. I'm thinking that using BibleMultiConverter might not be the solution I'm looking for. Our project is ongoing and as text is completed I would like to add it to Accordance. For that, I like the option of a User Tool that would allow me to add text as we progress. 

There are also some request to add the option to import USFM/USX, USFX, OSIS to direct import in Accordance. 

https://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/17893-paratext-evaluation/?hl=usfm&do=findComment&comment=89278

https://www.accordancebible.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&fromMainBar=1

If you want to add to Accordance as the text grows. Instead of typing it in the User Tool, just type it in the .txt file and import it again in Accordance. 

I have made a short-cut key for import, so I'm very fast. 

Fabian

I have wrote my own manual for the MBC if you have interest. Also Michael is very kind to help. Or just manage your text with regex. And then type the changes there in. 

Fabian

Yes please, I would be interested in your manual for MBC.

See PM.