Basic Workspace Question

tjebme

I have an existing workspace. Made a couple changes to it. I want to save it now with a new name without overwriting the existing workspace. I went to Window>>Set Workspace Name and gave it a new name. However, the new name does not show up when I select the Workspaces icon on the Toolbar. Am I coming at this the wrong way? Thanks.

Make sure that the workspace that you created is active and then go back to the toolbar dropdown, this time go to the bottom line and 'add xxx', click the name of your workspace.

post-36281-0-67235700-1594850660_thumb.jpg

Thanks, Paul! I must have a bug of some sort on my machine. The workspace is called TestA (red rectangle), but that doesn't show up in the Add Workspace section (purple rectangle). The name in the purple rectangle (50x or less Reader) was the workspace I started with, then tweaked it and used Set Workspace Name to name it TestA.

Edited by tjebme

Yes, I would concur that looks odd.  Have you tried opening 'safe mode'.  Close and restart accordance with opt-click-accordance (on a Mac)  and reset 'settings' and 'clean up' sections.  It has proved effective for me on a number of occasions when I've encountered bugs.

p.s. If and when you do resolve it, I would recommend re-saving the workspace under file 'save as'.  Any workspaces that haven't been re-saved will just keep recycling the problem.  I've been caught out on this a number of times.

Edited by Paul Meiklejohn

post-36281-0-44846800-1594936011_thumb.jpg

Thanks Paul! After going through the reset of the settings and clean up sections and then starting Accordance, I don't get a Save As option (it is greyed out) for the workspace. Do I understand correctly, that the Save As should not be greyed out for me and I should be able to select it?

tjebme,

Being greyed out would suggest that the file is not where it should be.

If I can backtrack and make a few suggestions.

1. Close down Accordance

2. Open Accordance directly from the workspace file in Mac finder.  It's usually under user files/documents/accordance files.  Is TestA there? Double click it to open. (If you can't find it there, try doing a  file search on your Mac for testA).  

3. If it opens try saving with the toolbar icon as before.

4. go to file save as and overwrite.

At this stage I'm just wanting to locate and find your workspace. 

I'm pretty sure it's something fairly simple we're not seeing.  If we hit a dead end, Accordance tech team are excellent with resolving online problems. 

Let me know how you get on with the above.  

Edited by Paul Meiklejohn

Thanks much for all the time! Couldn't find TestA. Just went ahead and started a new workspace from scratch and it's working fine now. Learned a few things along the way  :-)

• Like 1