Badly behaved sheets

jpkang

I've noticed and reproduced this behavior in Accordance 13.1.2 Mac:

When searching a text and you enter something that isn't found, you get the expected sheet "The … you entered cannot be found …" and contextually appropriate button(s).

At this point, however, any keystrokes that are pressed (such as command-w to close, command-d to duplicate, etc.) get passed through and the sheet remains. This should not be!

By contrast, the Set Text/Tool Display… sheet is properly modal and does not behave in this way.

Also, why is it that when searching for Scripture in tools, that if the entered reference does not exist, that the error is a modal window and not a sheet?

Edited by jpkang

Thanks for the report!

As for why one thing is a sheet and another a modal window, it's because a lot of these warnings were written years before sheets were even a concept, and we haven't changed them all over yet.

Thanks for the confirmation, Silas!

I will point out that sheets were introduced with Aqua and OS X 10.0 in 2000, a transition I remember well…

• Like 1

Right, and Accordance had been around for years in 2000.  You might argue that we should have gotten all of them by now, but we're a small team, and it's just one of those things that gets pushed down the priority list whenever something new comes up.