time to stop studying

Kristin

I was alarmed to see a message tell me that I am no longer able to make highlight divisions saying that I am not able to exceed 100. As I think I have mentioned in previous threads, I use the highlights heavily for personal and professional use.

Before I do anything drastic, can someone let me know if there is either away around this or have an idea of what I can do? I cannot just use the symbols since I am already using every single one (and often in creative ways!)

Also, since it is connected to the highlights, I will mention the issue on the other thread is still an issue. When I click the paint pallet the symbols appear 5% of the time.

Thank you for any help and ideas anyone is able to provide,

Kristin

post-35522-0-20755200-1595778578_thumb.png

Kristin, would you be willing to post a dropbox link to your highlight file here, so that I can test with it?

I believe increasing the number of allowed styles should not be too difficult, but I'd want to test throughly to make sure that there aren't any unforeseen consequences.

This will also help me verify if the other problem you posted with the symbols not showing up may be related to having a large number of highlight styles.

As a possible workaround until this is fixed, could you perhaps work with multiple highlight files?  A different file for each book of the bible, perhaps, or some other way of dividing it that would make sense for your workflow?

Kristin, would you be willing to post a dropbox link to your highlight file here, so that I can test with it?

I believe increasing the number of allowed styles should not be too difficult, but I'd want to test throughly to make sure that there aren't any unforeseen consequences.

This will also help me verify if the other problem you posted with the symbols not showing up may be related to having a large number of highlight styles.

As a possible workaround until this is fixed, could you perhaps work with multiple highlight files?  A different file for each book of the bible, perhaps, or some other way of dividing it that would make sense for your workflow?

Hi Silas,

Thank you for your reply. A lot has happened since I posted this, specifically that I ran into that bug that Accordance apparently knows about and in the process several highlighting styles were lost. :( I thus just got off the phone with Accordance and someone helped me restore from a backup and let me know about the bug. I am thus not able to highlight until the next update.

With that as a preface I have two questions:

1) It sounds like if you are testing something with a copy, that is unrelated to what I am doing. So even though I cannot highlight or do anything at the moment, the copy I give you would not change any highlights I have on my computer, is this correct?

2) I do not use Dropbox to backup Accordance (I use Time Machine), but as long as adding a copy to Dropbox would not change anything on my computer I can do that. To do this, I would just upload the file and create a link. I don’t need to change the format. Is that correct?

Thank you for your help and for looking into why the symbols are not appearing. That would be very helpful if that can be fixed. Thank you also for the idea of multiple highlight files. I won’t be making any further highlights until the next update comes out (because of the bug which deletes highlights), but will keep this in mind after the update comes out.

Thank you for your help,

Kristin

Let's make this easier.  I'll send you my email address in a private message, and you can just email me your highlight file.  No changes I make to the file will do anything with the copy that you have.

• Like 1