Two computers

miclew

I have my main desktop set up exactly like I want. I understand how to sync via Dropbox but that is only for user content. How do I mirror what I have on my Desktop to my laptop? (preferences, workspaces etc.)

I wonder if you could move the "Accordance Files" folder into dropbox, and just create a link back to where it was located. Not sure if that would be a bad idea though, but that is what I would try if I needed to :)

I tried that and it did not work. I copied the entire Accordance folder from my desktop and replaced the one I had on my laptop and Accordance got seriously confused.

Can you create and save the workspace and send it via Dropbox? If all else fails, you may just have to manually re-create your workspace

I have my main desktop set up exactly like I want. I understand how to sync via Dropbox but that is only for user content. How do I mirror what I have on my Desktop to my laptop? (preferences, workspaces etc.)

If you want to transfer *everything* pertaining to Accordance from one Windows computer to another computer--preserving *everything* 100% identical from one computer to another (or as close as is possible*), then follow the directions in this MS Word doc (attached).

* You must allow for some differences if the screen sizes are different between your Desktop PC and laptop PC, and things like that.

How to transfer Accordance to a new computer (or create a backup).doc

Edited by TYA

@TYA's suggestion is good, but also be mindful if you have different file or hard drive setups. (E.g., if you use a SDD and a HDD)

but also be mindful if you have different file or hard drive setups. (E.g., if you use a SDD and a HDD)

This shouldn't make any difference whatsoever.  The reason I said that screen size may make a difference is because some configurations (Workspaces, etc.) are built around screen dimensions, so if you try to use a Workspace on a new computer with a different screen size, it may not appear the exact same as before.

But the kind of hard drive on the computer shouldn't make the slighest difference when transferring Accordance over to a new computer, unless the hard drive simply isn't large enough to hold the files.  (Someone correct me if I'm wrong here.)

Edited by TYA