How Best To Move My Accordance Files To A New Default Location

JohnABarnett

In the technical support section I read a user's post that described how to move my Accordance files to a new default location.

Since Accordance looks for Accordance Files folder at app launch, you will need to:

* Quit Accordance
* Move the Accordance Files folder to your second drive
* Launch Accordance and it should ask you to locate the folder that contains the  Accordance Files folder (on your second drive)

I want to move my Accordance default file location to  a second drive that is set up as Microsoft OneDrive, so that all folder and files back up to my OneDrive cloud account.

Is it still possible to do this, and if so is it the best way?

I definitely don't want to charge forward and find out I've messed up and lost files.

Make certain you have a backup :-)

Then with Accordance not running, move the Accordance files folder from your documents folder to whichever folder in OneDrive you want to use. Then when you launch Accordance, it will ask you where your Accordance files folder is, and you can direct Accordance to the new location in OneDrive.

• Like 1

Thanks Rick, successfully accomplished.

Edited by JohnABarnett

• 1 year later...

I tried specifying the onedrive address, but accordance did not recognize it. I tried pointing to my copy of Accordance Files folder, but accordance would not accept that either. Help. Thank you, Lloyd

You should be able to go to the Accordance Files folder and double click on a workspace (.accord file) or a user note and it should open in Accordance and show Accordance the path. Sometimes you have to do that with each workspace and user note.

Alternatively you can remove your 'General Settings’ in Accordance Safe Mode and then relaunch Accordance. During the setup, it will ask you where to place your Accordance Files folder. This will also reset some of your personal preferences and you will need to put in your name and account information again, but this is normal.

If you need further assistance you can contact us directly at: techsupport@accordancebible.com .

Thanks.

• 2 years later...

Well I’m not sure what happened to my notes files and stacks that attempted to transfer to my new laptop. Both files are blank on both laptops now. I’ve checked in all of my folders, iCloud ect and every folder is blank

Edited by Luckylou1980