Optical Character Recognition for searchable .pdf

matthewrini

Hello,

I have a large .pdf file that I am processing through some .pdf Optical Character Recognition programs to make them searchable and to work best for Accordance, before uploading them as a searchable .pdf in Accordance.  Problem is that even after trying making an editable/searchable PDF on my Mac using Pages, Accordance by itself, and by Using Adobe DC, there are still several text errors and issues that are coming up.  I am surprised that I am having such issues, as most of the text is very standard type.  Not sure what is wrong.  The PDFs look fine before being processed into Accordance, and then several strings of unreadable text pop up all throughout my document on Accordance :(.

Hoping to find a very reliable pdf program that works well with Accordance, to get the best results.  Any ideas?

I have a picture attached to show as an example.

Thanks a lot :)

post-36319-0-71382300-1596621333_thumb.png

If you find the same section of text inside the PDF, and copy it into a text editor, what shows up?  Sometimes OCR can scramble the underlying text even though it looks fine to the naked eye.  Feel free to post a copy of the PDF and I can look into it further.