Using Multi-Volume Commentaries

why1942

I passed on the sale for the Pulpit commentary. I saw it when it came on sale and I would have bought it, but noticed it's divided up into three separate modules, which surprised and frustrated me.

The Church Fathers are also divided up into three separate modules, but that still works since it's not typically read in tandem with the biblical text. Commentaries, though, almost always require back and forth use with the biblical text. 

So, with multi volume commentaries, when I go to a reference in the bible text and I have one of the commentary modules open in a parallel pane (or even if it's in a new zone), does it automatically go to that reference in the commentary? With Pulpit as an example, if I first go to Genesis 1 and this shows in Pulpit accurately, and then I go to Revelation 1, will Pulpit bring up the last volume and show the entry for Rev 1, or would I have to manually switch to the last volume of Pulpit before it showed? 

Thanks,

why1942

You can combine multi-volume commentaries together, so that they all scroll as one with the Bible Text in a parallel pane.

You can combine multi-volume commentaries together, so that they all scroll as one with the Bible Text in a parallel pane.

Thanks for the info.

Is this available in version 12 or just 13?

Also, since Pulpit is in 3 modules, does it allow combining of all three together into one or just modules that are divided into OT/NT? 

Additionally, am I able to combine unlike modules, such as Linguistic and Exegetical Key to the NT and an entirely different module for just the OT? Or, does it only allow the combining of like-type modules, such as only able to combine the modules of the Pulpit commentary together with each other?

Thanks,

why1942

Edited by why1942

1) You can combine reference-based modules in version 12 too.  

2) Yes, you can combine all three Pulpit modules.

3) No, you can only combine modules that are parts of a set.

• Like 1

1) You can combine reference-based modules in version 12 too.  

2) Yes, you can combine all three Pulpit modules.

3) No, you can only combine modules that are parts of a set.

That makes sense. I was thrown off because I could open a NT only module but wouldn't get the combine icon in the corner. But if it only works on sets then I guess that would be the reason why. 

Perfect. Thank you very much for the information.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a video for this?

I tried the help tool and tried getting it to work, but there is no options available.

Can you verify that all of your modules are up-to-date?

Yes. I have the latest Accordance version. And the latest content update for Pulpit Commentary.

I knew I had done this before, but struggled to find clear instructions to help me forward again.  I eventually got it....

1. Make sure you have text and corresponding parallel pane open. (Screen Shot 1)

2. Click middle icon on parallel pane tool...  (Screen Shoot 2)

3. Click additional corresponding tool - (Screen Shoot 2)

4. You can 'manage combined resources' from the same menu. i.e. rename, reorder etc. (Screen Shoot 2)

I hope this helps..

post-5536-0-09394700-1598518605_thumb.png

post-5536-0-63506300-1598518631_thumb.png

• Like 4

I knew I had done this before, but struggled to find clear instructions to help me forward again.  I eventually got it....

I hope this helps..

It works, thanks!