random self populating highlights

Kristin

I need to report a highlight issue. I spend a lot of time highlighting in a very specific way for my work and it is critical that the highlights are correct. However, every once in awhile (as in this is not the first time) HUGE blocks of text have the highlights jumbled and self populate. This is not just in that the highlights are off center, but rather than random highlights appear which I never placed.

This happened twice in Acc 12 and now it happened again just now and it is pretty frustrating. I will attach a screenshot to show the random highlights. The reason why I would like to include a screenshot is because you will see that I could not even place highlights like this if I wanted to. Notice the star under the "o" in "Job 9". This is not an issue of the paragraph being too narrow since if I increase the margins or do anything, it will stay exactly where it is under the "o." I cannot even do the "undo highlight" since the highlights were not made like this. They were just like this when I opened the text again.

Thank you for looking into this.

Kristin

edit - I am attaching one more screenshot of another example of a highlight I could not do if I wanted.

post-35522-0-64777600-1597209724_thumb.png

post-35522-0-38342000-1597210357_thumb.png

Edited by Kristin

Kristin, when you get a chance, can you test the following and tell me if any of the problems change?   In the right click menu, select "Show Text As:" and switch from "Verses" to "Paragraphs"

Edited by Silas Marrs

Kristin, when you get a chance, can you test the following and tell me if any of the problems change?   In the right click menu, select "Show Text As:" and switch from "Verses" to "Paragraphs"

Hi Silas,

Thank you for your response. I actually had tried that prior to posting. I normally had the text set to space between paragraphs, and recently changed it to space between verses. So after this happened I put it back to paragraphs and it did not resolve the issue.

In case it is helpful, I can mention the following:

1) Sometimes it seems beyond random, but other times it seems like the highlights are overlaid off. For example,  if the text says “and he went there” and I had highlighted “he” the highlights will now highlight “we” from “went.” Other times it seems to be down a paragraph (not a line, but the highlights would have made sense 8 verses ago (as a random example).

2) While the above is true, sometimes the highlights are totally random and the pattern of highlight would not have made sense anywhere.

3) It seems to ONLY affect newer highlights. When stuff like this happened (this time it affected ALL of Job, part of the Psalms and Ezekiel) the text is always stuff I have worked on in the past few weeks. When stuff like this happens I immediately go back to more critical highlighted sections (ones I did perhaps months ago) and they are NOT affected.

4) The “auto-populated highlights” seem to SOMETIMES be OVER highlights I made. For example, in the sentence above “and he went there” where I had highlighted “he” sometimes when it highlights “we” with a random highlight the highlight of “he” is also there, and sometimes not.

I hope this is helpful.
Kristin
  • Like 1