Greek "Apostroph"

Fabian

Hello 

I have a question. If I prepare a Greek text for Accordance I don't know which character/diacritics I have to use to get the same result as the Accordance texts. So that it comes up by a search. 

post-32723-0-48842000-1597305743_thumb.png

2. How can I type this in the search box?

Thanks

Fabian

OPT-j is the correct keystroke, but you can use the character palette to find the smooth breathing mark. It will look funny at first. However, if you have the word in quotes, Accordance will adjust the character for you.

so, search "meq∆" with the quotes.

You can download the Accordance Fonts pdf here.

Hello Jordan 

Many thanks.

I have checked the pdf before, but I haven't found how to prepare the text. If I have used the spriritus lenis, the breathing marks was on top or it was not displayed instead of after the character as it is in the Accordance texts.

post-32723-0-07559600-1597323115_thumb.png

post-32723-0-78120900-1597323133_thumb.png

Fabian

Are there any other information that helps me to prepare a text which handles the met' etc. like the texts of Accordance do?

Thanks

Fabian

Hi Jordan,

I don't know if you have seen my other topic on the apostrophe in copy paste from Acc and what Unicode code points are used. It is https://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/29083-unicode-decomposition-question/.

I am wondering what Unicode code point the OPT-j produces and if there is any way to generate that same value on Windows. Notwithstanding that I would be interested in any comments you might have on my other forum topic.

thx

D

Sorry Fabian, I misunderstood you at first. I tried importing a User Bible, and now I see more clearly what you are saying (and Daniel too). I will look into it more.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Many thanks for looking it.

I had two questions. Sorry to confuse you. 

Fabian

Ηελλο Jordan

Have u found the solution for us?

Greetings

Fabian

• Like 1

Fabian, can you send me the file you were using here?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello

Thanks as I have now copied the apostrophe from a Greek Text from Accordance and replaced it in my texts. It works. 

(Now I have this to do in all my Greek texts  :mellow: but after then  :D )

Fabian

Edited by Fabian
  • Like 1

Hello 

It would be good the Apostroph you use in the texts are also in the Character Palette.

post-32723-0-67551900-1608393305_thumb.png

Fabian