Accordance won't open User Notes

Malcolm Ross

I have a user notes file with accumulated notes of many years. When I start up Accordance 13.1.3 I get the message 'The user notes file “Malcolm's Notes” cannot be opened, because it requires a newer version of Accordance.' 

When I click on the OK button, a second message appears 'NOTE: The file “Malcolm's notes” is no longer available to Accordance.'

I am using MacOS Catalina 10.15.5.

What should I do to get Accordance to recognise the file? It does contain my notes. I checked with a text editor.

Perhaps this helps. In the Preferences there are a button to convert old User Notes to the new format. Don’t hesitate. The old ones are still on the Mac. In the Accordance folder you have now two folders for the User Notes. Old and New.

Edited by Fabian

Thank you. Unfortunately the suggestion to upgrade the User Notes file isn't applicable here, as the file has already been upgraded (and the upgrade button has accordingly disappeared from the preferences). 

Best, Malcolm

Malcom, I don't know what's causing this, but it certainly sounds like some sort of bug, and I can look into it if you email me your notes file.  I'll send you a private message with my email address.