Two issues with Feasting Worship Companion on iOS

Michael Hunt

I currently have two issue with Feasting Worship Companion when accessed through daily reading. These are –

1. It opens up to the wrong week. it instead displays the previous weeks entry i.e. Proper 17 rather than Proper 18 for this point in the lectionary cycle.

2. It fails to display the biblical texts in the secondary pane at all even though it creates the second pane for this purpose. I basically get a blank biblical text pane. 

Other "Feasting" and associated lectionary/devotional resources work as they should. Accessing these resource through "Library ––> Daily Reading" will take me to the right location while also displaying the full biblical texts in the secondary pane.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering if anyone has been able to look in to this at Accordance end?

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed an additional bug in that when I close the biblical text plane using the toggle switch and then try to reopen I get a hard crash.

Having the biblical texts displayed is I suspect complicated by the fact that there are semi continuous and complementary readings and each Sundays entries. However it shouldn't be to difficult to get it to display the right dates readings (as is the case with other lectionary resources).

Michael, I believe both of the issues are module items that should be corrected in a (soon) future update.

For the crash, I'm unable to reproduce.  Does it happen every time for you?

• Like 1

Thanks Joel. That’s great to hear.

Yes, I can reproduce the bug consistently.

iPad Air 2, running iPadOS 14.0.1, Accordance 3.1.0

Steps to reproduce bug are:

Open Feasting Worship Companion from daily readings section of library.

Tap on screen to bring up pane toggle switches

Toggle off (works fine). Toggle off = hard crash.

Bug also occurs in both horizontal and vertical pane modes

This only occurs with the above module. Will test again after the updated module has been added to my library.

I see it now, thanks! We'll get it fixed ASAP.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to bump this thread. Understand that the website/forum updates have most likely taken priority over the last few weeks so please take this as a gentle nudge.