Parallel Panes Switch

Michel Gilbert

Hi,

Unless I'm mistaken, you have to choose a text first before you can choose something for the second pane. This always results in the text being at the top in horizontal panes, or at the left in vertical panes. I would like an option to switch these around, e.g., have a HB in a vertical right pane, and a tool in the left pane.

Thanks for considering.

Michel

• Like 2

In addition, I notice that one of the texts, apparently, has to be a Biblical text (or am I mistaken?). This means that it's not possible to have in parallel panes, e.g., the Vatican 2 documents in English and in Latin, or Bavinck + Calvin. This was one thing I was really looking forward to.

If that's indeed the case, it would be a great help to be able to split panes with all resources. 

Thanks!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Donald, one of the texts doesn't have to be biblical, but it does look like we were accidentally restricting the second text to always match the first text's corpus.  This will be improved next build.

• Like 2

Donald, one of the texts doesn't have to be biblical, but it does look like we were accidentally restricting the second text to always match the first text's corpus.  This will be improved next build.

Great! Looking forward to it. Thanks for the update, Joel.

Does this mean we’ll also be able to use maps in the split panes instead of having to go to full screen? Because this would be very helpful when going over many passages in scripture.

I have two requests for the parallel pane.

1. I use two vertical panes on my phone, usually with the English text on top and the original language on bottom. It would be great to have the "combined resources" function available on iOS (combining NA28 and HMT would be my default second pane).

2. I use vertical scroll rather than page swiping. I would love to be able to swipe left and right to bring up different texts or tools. Especially for the second pane (bottom in my case), I often switch between the original language and a commentary or translator notes. I would like to be able to swipe left and right to move to the most recent used tools, texts, etc for the second pane. 

I know I can tap to those items, but swiping would be more efficient.

Thanks for your consideration.

• Like 1

I have two requests for the parallel pane.

1. I use two vertical panes on my phone, usually with the English text on top and the original language on bottom. It would be great to have the "combined resources" function available on iOS (combining NA28 and HMT would be my default second pane).

2. I use vertical scroll rather than page swiping. I would love to be able to swipe left and right to bring up different texts or tools. Especially for the second pane (bottom in my case), I often switch between the original language and a commentary or translator notes. I would like to be able to swipe left and right to move to the most recent used tools, texts, etc for the second pane. 

I know I can tap to those items, but swiping would be more efficient.

Thanks for your consideration.

Great suggestions!