Navigation question

ukfraser

I have the esv study bible notes open and linked in a second pane to a couple of passages defined by a search.

In matt 20:1 There is a link to an earlier note (13:24) but clicking on it how to return study notes for matt 20? The navigation arrows in the bottom scroll bar remain greyed out.

Currently i click on unlink and then relink to return.

what am i missing.

a couple of screen shots below to show the issue. 

post-31185-0-87265000-1599248825_thumb.jpeg

post-31185-0-84432900-1599248836_thumb.jpeg

Edited by ukfraser

• 3 weeks later...

This is a tricky situation.  The navigation buttons are tied to the top text, so a navigation that is only occurring in the bottom text wouldn't be reflected there.  It seems like you did a search that didn't include Mat 13:24, which is why the text couldn't also navigate back there, so the navigation was only in the Study Bible.  I'll keep mulling over the UI implications of this change, but for now I think you'll have to use your workaround.

• Like 1

Many thanks joel. Happy mulling. I just wondered if i was missing something.

;o) 

Edited by ukfraser

Another use case to mull: I find myself in a similar situation when I follow links in commentaries to footnotes or lists of abbreviations. Also in these cases, the navigation in the bottom text (rightly) doesn't move the top text, so the navigation buttons won't take me back. I usually move the top text up and down a bit to resynchronize the commentary.

PS I would navigate to footnotes less if they were shown in Instant Details with active links.

Edited by jlm

This is a tricky situation.  The navigation buttons are tied to the top text, so a navigation that is only occurring in the bottom text wouldn't be reflected there.  It seems like you did a search that didn't include Mat 13:24, which is why the text couldn't also navigate back there, so the navigation was only in the Study Bible.  I'll keep mulling over the UI implications of this change, but for now I think you'll have to use your workaround.

Question: would adding separate navigation to the second pane be possible? It would help greatly in looking things up without losing the ability to compare them to the text that was used as a launching point.