• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  • Twitter:@theparkernathan
  • Interests:Bible software, photography, technology, Theology, weather
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 26 September 2020 - 01:10 AM

I'm going to do the Wordsearch Crossover myself, just to protect the investment of the main resources I used in Logos under Accordance. Most of the resources I had planned to crossgrade made it into the package, so at that price, I can't beat it. :-)

Rick, I'll work on drafting that feature equivalent comparison and will send it to you.

• R. Mansfield, Daniel Francis, Unix and 1 other like this

Nathan Parker

#42 Diatheke76

Diatheke76

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • Interests:Study God's Word with my Bible Software. Still trying to learn how to play the guitar.
  • Accordance Version:13.x
  • Platforms:Windows

Posted 26 September 2020 - 07:22 AM

My WS Crossover finished installation last night! And My Logos investment is protected! Now concerning the WS Crossover, I’m sure Accordance will revise the agreement in a way that’s fair for all parties involved! Thanks for the generous deal!
  • R. Mansfield likes this

#43 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Ruby

• Accordance
  • 5,139 posts
  • Twitter:@thislamp
  • Interests:Biblical studies/backgrounds & Patristics; Eastern Orthodox theology/practice; time w/my wife, Kathy & hound, Lucy Mae; cooking w/cast iron & Tabasco; excursions in my Jeep Wrangler
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 26 September 2020 - 12:23 PM

Rick, but what you say contradicts with the description of the BW Crossover page https://www.accordan...er13-Basic 8-10. and Here https://www.accordan...e-4-BibleWorks/

Here it says: This package is offered to owners of BibleWorks versions 8-10 who are purchasing Accordance for the first time.

I guess Accordance has to check this page again. 

We never changed the wording on the page, but we did change the policy in regard to our sales staff as they are approving the orders. 

Richard Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

Accordance Bible Software

#44 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Ruby

• Accordance
  • 5,139 posts
  • Interests:Biblical studies/backgrounds & Patristics; Eastern Orthodox theology/practice; time w/my wife, Kathy & hound, Lucy Mae; cooking w/cast iron & Tabasco; excursions in my Jeep Wrangler

Posted 26 September 2020 - 12:53 PM

being an Accordance user, I am also a Wordsearch 12 user. Will there eventually be a way to migrate some or all of my resources into Accordance?

There’s really no way to do this because of both proprietary formats and licensing. That is, we can’t build a translation method to convert your WS formatted content over to Accordance in say something like a user tool because WS formats are proprietary and now owned by the company’s buyer. We could pursue licensing for content that is in the WS Library that’s not in ours, but realistically, many of the WS titles wouldn’t necessarily be a priority for us. When WS was bought out, the licensing is included in the sale to the new company (I assume and for the most part), so they are able to offer you copies of the content in their own proprietary format. Whether or not you have to pay extra for features in the software engine of the other company or upgrades to an impending new release is another matter. 

Having said all that, if you were really motivated to convert a particular book you have on another platform into Accordance, there’s always cut and paste into a User Tool. Believe it or not, I’ve done that myself before. It takes a while but can be done. 

• Unix likes this

Richard Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

#45 Diatheke76

Diatheke76

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • Interests:Study God's Word with my Bible Software. Still trying to learn how to play the guitar.

Posted 26 September 2020 - 01:04 PM

Rick,

Will the rest of the modules from CBL be included with our purchase of the WS Crossover Package? Mainly, The Greek Grammar. I know Harmony of the Gospels is still included but will not be produced as a separate module nor the interlinear.

Thanks!

#46 rcdeacon

rcdeacon

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts
  • Interests:Bible, computers

Posted 26 September 2020 - 04:33 PM

Thank you Rick. I also have done the cut and paste thing but it is time consuming.

Bob Deacon 

Accordance 13,

Ipad Air 2 IOS 13  Samsung A50 Android

Surface Pro 6 Windows 10

MacBook Air Big Sur Beta

Pastor Buckhorn Baptist Church, Como, NC

#47 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Ruby

• Accordance
  • 5,139 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 03:35 PM

Will the rest of the modules from CBL be included with our purchase of the WS Crossover Package? Mainly, The Greek Grammar. I know Harmony of the Gospels is still included but will not be produced as a separate module nor the interlinear.

I know for certain the Greek grammar is coming. 

Richard Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

#48 Diatheke76

Diatheke76

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 28 September 2020 - 06:17 AM

Thanks Rick!

#49 bhsher

bhsher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted 28 September 2020 - 01:28 PM

I did share about Accordance's deal for Wordsearch users on my FB feed.  I tend to think they'll be happier with Accordance.

• Mark Allison, R. Mansfield and Julie Palmer like this

#50 Randy Cue

Randy Cue

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • Interests:Teaching adult Sunday School, baseball

Posted 28 September 2020 - 04:40 PM

Hey Rick, 

The form to be filled out for the crossover, I can't fill it out on my computer. Do I print it out, fill it out, and then mail it in?

Soli Deo Gloria

Randy

21.5 inch iMac (late 2015)

OSX Catalina 10.15.2

#51 Diatheke76

Diatheke76

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 28 September 2020 - 08:23 PM

Hey Rick,
The form to be filled out for the crossover, I can't fill it out on my computer. Do I print it out, fill it out, and then mail it in?

Print it, fill it out, take a picture and then email it. It’s faster that way.
I posted about the WS Crossover special on FB and Twitter
👍😁👌

#52 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Ruby

• Accordance
  • 5,139 posts

Posted 28 September 2020 - 08:58 PM

Hey Rick, 

Just print it, fill it out, take a photo with your phone, and send it in. Although it’s required and important, it is a formality in the big picture. We want you to get the crossover!

Richard Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

#53 Randy Cue

Randy Cue

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • Interests:Teaching adult Sunday School, baseball

Posted 29 September 2020 - 11:04 AM

Thanks guys for your answers.

Soli Deo Gloria

Randy

21.5 inch iMac (late 2015)

OSX Catalina 10.15.2

#54 pbgroover

pbgroover

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • Platforms:Windows, iOS

Posted 29 September 2020 - 04:45 PM

I have a question about the crossgrade agreement, having gone through the list of modules included in the WS crossover package there are I think 23 which I currently don't own in Accordance.

Am I right in saying that the crossgrade agreement would only cover the modules I currently don't own in Accordance and not all the modules included in the WS crossover package, since I already own some of them?

How would this work in the event I were to transfer my whole Accordance library, would the appropriate modules be identified and not transferred? Should I make a list of the modules I currently don't own and agree these with Accordance prior to purchasing the WS crossover package? 

• EricC, Unix and Michael Hunt like this

#55 pbgroover

pbgroover

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 07 October 2020 - 04:29 AM

I have a question about the crossgrade agreement, having gone through the list of modules included in the WS crossover package there are I think 23 which I currently don't own in Accordance.

Am I right in saying that the crossgrade agreement would only cover the modules I currently don't own in Accordance and not all the modules included in the WS crossover package, since I already own some of them?

How would this work in the event I were to transfer my whole Accordance library, would the appropriate modules be identified and not transferred? Should I make a list of the modules I currently don't own and agree these with Accordance prior to purchasing the WS crossover package? 

Is anyone at Accordance able to confirm this?

#56 Michael Hunt

Michael Hunt

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Twitter:oddsocks
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS, Android

Posted 07 October 2020 - 03:25 PM

Don't have an answer to the second part of your query (not quoted), but was wondering if you had a quick way to determine what modules you don't already have?

I think the crossover package offers value for myself, but I don't have a comprehensive comparison of what I would get added since there is no upgrade pricing (which is fair enough given the circumstances of its creation).
Formerly known as oddsocks

#57 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Ruby

• Accordance
  • 5,139 posts

Posted 07 October 2020 - 03:40 PM

Is anyone at Accordance able to confirm this?

It might be worth contacting [email protected] over this.

Richard Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

#58 pbgroover

pbgroover

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 07 October 2020 - 04:08 PM

Don't have an answer to the second part of your query (not quoted), but was wondering if you had a quick way to determine what modules you don't already have?

I think the crossover package offers value for myself, but I don't have a comprehensive comparison of what I would get added since there is no upgrade pricing (which is fair enough given the circumstances of its creation).

There's no easy way like when you purchase a custom upgrade, where the Accordance website will show you the custom upgrade price and the modules included for that price.

So I listed all the modules being offered in an Excel table, then went through them, ticking off the ones I already had and double checking against my Accordance library, you can search in the library for the module name. Took a bit of time but worth seeing what modules you don't already have and then weighing up if you need them. It certainly offers very good value for money.

• Michael Hunt likes this

#59 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Ruby

• Accordance
  • 5,139 posts

Posted 07 October 2020 - 04:10 PM

It certainly offers very good value for money.

It's easily the best value we're offering right now. Maybe ever to this point.

• Mark Allison, Donovan R. Palmer, Michael Hunt and 1 other like this

Richard Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users