Greek Searches

Timothy Jenney

This thread is for those who wish to discuss the March 17, 2009 webinar, "Greek Searches" and related issues. The webinar will cover simple Greek searches as well as those using the Construct window. We'll also cover a few extras, like the Parallels texts using Greek texts.

This thread is for those who wish to discuss the March 17, 2009 webinar, "Greek Searches" and related issues. The webinar will cover simple Greek searches as well as those using the Construct window. We'll also cover a few extras, like the Parallels texts using Greek texts.

What time is the webinar and what do we have to do to register?

Walter Colace

While we had a great afternoon webinar, we were forced to cancel the evening session due to congestion on the internet. At this time, such things are beyond our control, though I do want to offer my personal apologies to those who set aside time to attend that evening, only to be disappointed.

Let me invite everyone to watch the recorded webinar, which will be available on our Webinar page within a day or two. Copies of the slide presentation and the notes will also be available for download.

BTW, we did not get to demonstrate the Greek use of the parallels text. If you are unfamiliar with this feature (I was), open the parallel, click on "Add text" and select "GNT-T" from the menu box. Presto! You now have parallels in both English and Greek.

BTW, we did not get to demonstrate the Greek use of the parallels text. If you are unfamiliar with this feature (I was), open the parallel, click on "Add text" and select "GNT-T" from the menu box. Presto! You now have parallels in both English and Greek.

Great! But do you know why the Greek/English highlighting doesn't work? Or am I doing something wrong?

Greek/English key highlighting requires version 8, a tagged Greek text like the GNT-T, and one of the key number texts: KJVS, ESVS, NASB95S, or NIV-G/K. It can be turned off in Preferences: Instant Details. If you meet all these conditions, it will work on those words that have a key number.

The recorded webinar, the keynote presentation and notes (both in PDF) are now available for download on the webinars page.

Greek/English key highlighting requires version 8, a tagged Greek text like the GNT-T, and one of the key number texts: KJVS, ESVS, NASB95S, or NIV-G/K. It can be turned off in Preferences: Instant Details. If you meet all these conditions, it will work on those words that have a key number.

I'm not sure my question was clear. My question was "why doesn't the highlighting work in the parallels window?" I'm using version 8.2.1 with ESVS and GNT-T. Everything shows up in the Instant Details box, but there is no highlighting between Greek and English texts.

Actually. your question was: "Great! But do you know why the Greek/English highlighting doesn't work? Or am I doing something wrong?"

Sorry, it was not clear to me where it was not working.

Key highlighting has not been implemented in the Parallels window because historically the parallel panes are parallel in content or ideas, rather than in verses. I agree that the addition of a second row of texts means that in one column you do have parallel verses, so in theory Key highlighting could be implemented there, but it may involve quite a lot pf programming. We will look into it.

Archived