Accordance for iOS quits when trying to highlight verse

NCouch

iPad Pro  with 64GB (31. GB free)

iOS - 13.6.1

Accordance version - 3.1.0 (Build 3.09.9.12807 - Sept 2020)

I have started to notice an intermittent issue when trying to highlight a verse in part or in total the Accordance app will simply quit.  Has anyone else seen this?  Any solution yet?  It does not matter what the percentage of the battery charge is.

Am I simply bumping up against the memory limit of the app?  Is there any caching I can clear - if that will make any difference?

TIA

Nate

This is likely something with your Highlight File.  Can you .zip it and post it here?

Here you go.

Highlights.zip

Edited by NCouch

Thanks for the files, and I see your highlights, but I'm unable to reproduce.  Can you provide more device details?  What iPhone or iPad are you running on?  Is it portrait or landscape?  Scrolling or page turning?  What action are you taking to add the highlight?

iPad Pro  with 64GB (31. GB free)

iOS - 13.6.1

Screen size - 10.5 inch

Model - MQDX2LL/A

- I typically use Accordance in Portrait mode

- Scrolling

- To highlight the text I do one of two things - 1) select the verse number  - select Highlight Verse - select the highlight style.  2) select first word of verse part to highlight - select Highlight - select highlight style.

Thanks - and do you have any reliable crashes that always crash it, or a sequence that pretty likely crashes?

I don't have any crashes that I am aware of.   I checked the Analytics logs and did not find anything pertaining specifically to an Accordance crash.  At this time I will have to wait and see if the event repeats itself then check the Analytics listing for new data, if any.

Thanks for your help.

Nate

Edited by NCouch

Be sure to keep me posted the moment you get something reproducible.

Also: Is this continuing to highlight the NET, or are you normally highlighting a different text or tool?

Okay.  Finally had a few more events, but nothing showed up in the Analytics log on my iPad so I don't see how I can get a crash log of the event to you unless there is some way to do it through Accordance.  From what research I have done the only thing is the Analytics Data.  I will keep checking though as something may trigger an actual log I can use.

As for the text I am using I use either NET or HCSB versions of the Bible.  I have also noticed that it seems to occur more frequently when I am highlighting a portion of the text versus the whole verse(s).

I keep trying to reproduce it, or find details of your crashes in our crash reporter, but I'm not finding much luck.  Perhaps can you try to get a screen recording of the crash?  Do you know if the highlight was successfully applied when it quits, or do you have to try again?

I'm having this same problem, quite often. I can't reproduce it either. Sometimes after the app restarts, it works. Sometimes it crashes over and over. Sometimes the highlight applies despite the crash, sometimes it doesn't. It happens both in texts and in every kind of tool.  I usually find that changing to the live highlighting works better than choosing a highlight after selecting text. Sorry that doesn't narrow down the problem at all, but maybe it helps to know it's not just a problem for the original poster. 

Joel,

Here is a Zipped Word Document containing the Analytics data from 10.05.202, the date of my last event with Accordance quitting during a verse highlight.  Most of it looks like Greek to me, but I do note a Bug 211 within the crash report.  Hopefully, this data will mean more to you than it does to me.

Nate

Analytics Never data - 10.05.2020.zip