Apple Event at Apple Park Cupertino

rgallo

Hello

Apple Event on October 13, 2020 at 10:00 a.m PDT.

More new stuff.   

rg  :rolleyes:

Edited by rgallo
  • Like 1

Looks like an iPhone event.  We will be upgrading.  We used to trade up alternate years, my husband getting the phone with the new number; the next year I would get the S version with the same number.  A few years ago, my husband became weary of readying a phone for sale every year and signed himself up for the yearly replacement program.  When my turn came, he wanted me to do the same.  It costs only a little more and saves him the hassle.  We'll be watching the event.  I wonder if those of us who live out in the sticks (or boonies, if you prefer) will see much of a difference?  

Hello

A handful of other products might also be on the docket, including the first MacBook built around Apple Silicon rather than an Intel processor.

rg

Ought to be interesting.

• Like 1

Hello

A good website for the latest cutting edge reviews and news is MacWorld.com

Their online digital magazines can be viewed at Zinio.com

They no longer have the printed magazines on the newsstands.

Thanks for the info on MacRumors.

rg

Edited by rgallo

We tend to stay abreast of what's going on with Apple.  We bought a very small block of Apple stock many years ago at $66/share, before the two stock splits.  Would that we had had the foresight (or made the happy accident) of buying more at that rate.  In any case, as far as percentate of growth goes, it's the single best financial investment we have ever made, enough to assuage any twinge of guilt in buying Apple stuff and keeping relatively up to date equipment.  We like technology and use it.  I use my machines more for Accordance than for anything else.  I might be addicted!

MacWorld is a great source of info (thanks for the reminder), as is MacRumors.  The MacRumors site has its Buyer's Guide – let's you know how soon to expect major upgrades in devices – when to buy and when to wait.

• Like 1

Hello

OK Thanks for all the info.

Good luck with that.

rg