Simple search for key numbers (Strong's)

EricC

Warning: I almost never do these searches in Accordance, so I am very inexperienced. I'm posting this here not so much asking for help, as trying to document how I got what I needed – since the process wasn't too clear to me at the beginning.

I have the tagged Biblia Hebraica opened as an interlinear.

post-3736-0-22978300-1602229997_thumb.jpg

How do I search it for two Strong's numbers occurring in the same verse?

I want to find Strong's 3605 & 2656 when they occur in the same verse (if they are tagged). I think they should show up in Ps 16:3.

post-3736-0-91775700-1602230430_thumb.jpg

Now I see that 3605 (כֹּל) is not tagged separately, so although in some tagged texts it links to the word "all", it does not in the KJVS and JPSS, and it can't be found by looking for the key number.

Rather than that I searched for כֹּל חֶפְצִי. Somehow Accordance changed the search to "Letters" and I got what I wanted: 5 hits where the two words occur in the same verse.

post-3736-0-25041300-1602230862_thumb.jpg

Mission accomplished.

Edited by EricC
  • Like 1

Eric,

To find two key numbers, you need to use the KEY command, in conjunction with the <AND> command:

Screen%20Shot%202020-10-09%20at%206.59.2

When you searched for  כָּל חֶפְצִי , Accordance shifted to a "Letters" search because a "Words" search requires lexical forms, and "חֶפְצִי" is an inflected form. 

You'll get more hits if you search for the Lexical form (words) instead of the Inflected form (letters), like so: כֹּל חֵפֶץ

If you don't know the lexical form, you can just right-click the inflected form and select Search For—>Lexeme.

Hope that helps!

Mark

Edited by Mark Allison
  • Like 3

Thank you, Mark!

Off topic: Could you please tell me how you get a full-sized image to show in the forums? When I attach them and insert them, just the thumbnails show up.

• Like 1

Thank you, Mark!

Off topic: Could you please tell me how you get a full-sized image to show in the forums? When I attach them and insert them, just the thumbnails show up.

So, my process is a little convoluted. Here's what I do:

1. Place the screenshot in a shared Dropbox folder.

2. Right-click on the image icon and select "Copy Dropbox Link"

3. Click on the "image" icon on the forum formatting toolbar.

4. Paste in the URL of the image

5. Change the final part of the URL from "dl=0" to "raw=1"

6. Click the "OK" button

(I told you it was a convoluted process, lol). 

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

My #5 method is different than yours. I replace "www" at the beginning of the URL with "dl" and I don't add "raw" at the end. I just replace the "0" with "1"

• Like 1