inconsistencies in the toc index of bible notes

ukfraser

over the years, as my library has grown, i have become aware of a number of inconsistencies between resources. I principally use Accordance on ios and typically use the index rather than search as the resources are mega rich and I get serendipity moments that way. For me, i like to have consistency throughout the tools im using, particularly when you are not restricted by hard copies. (Comes from working in computer validation for 20 years, setting standards to try to eliminate potential errors for support and working to fda regs!)

in this thread the texts i am comparing are the nrsv, niv(2011), esv, jsp, nets, net (2nd ed), web, kjb, tree of life and comprehensive nt. i have a second thread for study bibles.

The first 2 inconsistencies are particularly annoying as i frequently reread the introductory material to understand the translation philosophy. For the others, i dont know how much work you do on the files supplied by the publisher but when you unsync, its nice to be able to quickly flick to chapters rather than having to scroll and its great to have consistency between modules.

1. Bible translator notes, there are notes in my printed web but none in the file. Can wehave the prefix please.
  2. Both the nrsv and kjv have a load of links at the beginning of the toc but they are blank with no indication of what they link to. (See screen shot) Can the toc have text for all links please.
  3. The nrsv and kjv are the only two resources where the notes are not grouped together under a bible book name but we just have one long list (also in screenshot) can we have the notes grouped by bible book please.
  4. While the rest include a bible book grouping,  the niv, jsp, net, tofl and comp nt additionally group the notes by chapter or some other grouping. The others just list them as verses under the book name. Chapters are useful if there are a lot of notes.
  5. There is a variation in the formatting of the various notes and it would be nice to have the large ones reduced in size But it would be better if they all appeared the same:

The nrsv has large bold verse references

The esv has large italic verse references

The niv and comp nt both use italics

While the rest all use small bold for the references (as do the study bibles).

only the jsp has a colour image of the cover at the front of the resource though all have cover icons in the library so images are stored somewhere. Very minor but im aware of the majority of resources having an image at the start.

ive been thinking about raising these for some time and was prompted by a couple of other forum comments so have finally got round to revisiting my earlier notes.

Is there a standard and should they all be the same?

Oh the joys of lockdown and wet afternoons!

Thanks

;o) 

post-31185-0-43768700-1602427869_thumb.png

Edited by ukfraser

Thanks for pointing out these inconsistencies. Some of our older modules were created before we had set standards for Tool display. We'll work on creating consistency between these modules (and any others).

• Like 1

Thanks for both responses and i appreciate that you are also working on new material. 

;o) 

Edited by ukfraser

I have just been on the full fat version (53 updated modules so you can see how frequently i use it) and noticed that the blanks in the toc of the nrsv are not visible. It just starts off with the notes to genesis so you scroll up to see the translators notes. But interestingly the notes are grouped by bible book! so it seems to be partly an iOS thing With missing books but the toc for both is incorrect with links to translator introduction etc. .

post-31185-0-84920400-1602926724_thumb.png

Edited by ukfraser