the magic of hebrew for the non hebrew reader

Leopold Green

Screenshot%202020-10-13%20at%2010.02.59.I don't read Hebrew - something which has become more and more problematic for me as I have increasingly used Accordance for my own (personal not professional) study of the Torah. I got the recently released Andersen-Forbes because I saw, via Mark's webinar, how you could use the much more detailed tagging in English searches via the new 'TEXT' command. I didn't imagine I would use the syntax tree as I haven't used the standard syntax tree particularly. I set up a workspace for the interlinear I use, the new AF tree and the standard JPS translation (plus there extra helpful glossary) and it was a real eureka moment. I still need to learn hebrew but I feel this layout has taken me a good few steps forward!

The Andersen-Forbes module is worth its weight in goal as is using a 27" iMac screen (or similar size for windows) so you can really layout the tools and texts.

thanks to ukfraser for reminding me of Mark's workaround for posting larger screengrabs

peace!

• Like 5

+1 for the fact that A-F works beautifully with TEXT command.