Dozens of Garbage files created

Cnthetford

Yesterday when I went to Sync on my iPad from drop box. is started off by saying "Syncing item 1 of 162" (or something to that affect.  I thought that was strange because I sync fairly regularly and would have expected maybe 1 highlights file and one notes file to be synced.  As it started working through the sync, I started seeing lots of files with names like "=ꯨ⊦긨⊦哘⊰꾨⊦꿘⊦ꮸ⊦吸⊰꽈⊦깘⊦꺈⊦꽸⊦".   I went and check the dropbox folders and sure enough, every folder has files with that sort of name (screen shot attached).  My questions are this:

1) Why did this happen?

2) Should I be concerned that some of my real files were corrupted?

3) What is the best way to clean up?   Delete from dropbox and then sync all my devices?

Windows Version: 13.1.4 (on two PCs)

iOS (iPAD) version: 3.1.0 build 3.0.9.12807

Android version: 2.1.3 (12643)

1. I've looked into this before, and I haven't yet been able to reproduce it or figure out why it happens.
  2. I don't think so, but if you do notice any corrupt files, email them to me. Send me a PM if you don't have my email address.
  3. Deleting the files from dropbox should clean it up.

I believe the dropbox website has a way to view the version history of a file.  If you can find that for one of these files, perhaps it will say whether it was Accordance that added it, and when?  That might give us more clues.

Looking at the version history for a few files, they have one version created at a variety of different times and they for the most part seem to be 5-6Mb.   They all just say created by "API App".  I can't find anything to tell me which device created them.   If it would help, I can attempt to download and zip up a few of them or the whole directory and send it through e-mail.  In the papers directory, some of them appear to have bits and pieces of words in the names (I really haven't created more than a handful of papers).  I've attached this screenshot as well.  I'm going to hold off deleting in cast there is anything I can send you that you might find helpful.

Well, I don't see a way to do an attachment on the Reply so here is a link..  https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvopDnqd5yHvn45dG9ETjD4i_OAmGA?e=KewPKK