Manuscripts in CNTTS

Diatheke76

Are the manuscripts included in the CNTTS or do we purchase those separately?

Thanks!

Aaah man! I have several manuscripts in my other Bible software. I guess I’ll have to buy the CNTTS from them, so it can be more functional. Hopefully they’ll update it soon.

• Like 1

The CNTTS apparatus is just that--an apparatus. Now, it can certainly be considered like an apparatus on steroids. It doesn't contain manuscripts because it didn't come with them from the copyright holders.

Thinking about it it would take more space if it included every manuscript it referenced. At the same time, a pop up showing the actual variants would’ve been nice.

• Like 1

Of course, I'm sure you do know about the CSNTM (Center for the Study of New Testament Manuscripts) that gives pictures of most of the better known mss, as well as a large number of lesser know minuscules: http://www.csntm.org. You could also look into the Institute for New Testament Textual Research (INTF) if you're not familiar with it (http://ntvmr.uni-muenster.de/home). Then there are the many good-quality images of the major codices that can be found online.

While nothing equals the ease of just clicking on an image, I would wager that to put images of all the mss that are cited in the CNTTS apparatus, then match them with each variant, would be a huge undertaking, not to mention a heavy file, and a price tag to go along with it. Then there are probably copyright issues that could preclude such a venture right from the start. 

So, for the moment at least (!), the internet is IMO the best solution, with the additional incentive that it doesn't cost anything extra to consult the web pages.

Happy hunting!

Edited by Donald Cobb

How about links in the CNTTS to the images that are online? For what we have an onboard Webbrowser in Accordance?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

This might be a dumb question, but: Do I need any other resource to be able to use the CNTTS?

I own the Triple Discoverer and the WORDsearch package along with some carta resources.

This might be a dumb question, but: Do I need any other resource to be able to use the CNTTS?

I own the Triple Discoverer and the WORDsearch package along with some carta resources.

No. You have the Greek GNT based on the NA28.  If you want to compare the NA28 Apparatus with the CNTTS then the upgrade to the full NA28-T with Apparatus would be needed. 

The text base of the CNTTS is the UBS3. But this is an old one. The new is UBS5 and this is the same as the NA28. (with some minor differences).

Edited by Fabian

Thanks, Fabian! Accordance is better than the Logos version