Accordance Lite and Chromebook questions

Kristin

My mom does not have any theological training and just needs something to take notes on while at church and such. She had been using BibleGateway but apparently their note section is pretty limited and does not have bold or italics and asked me for a recommendation.

She is on a Chromebook, but I saw another thread that said that Accordance apparently does work decently on Chromebook.

I think given all this I should tell her to download Accordance Lite. Is this correct? I am not familiar with the Lite version, but I think it has a Note section and she can create notes like I do on the full Accordance (using bold or italics or whatever). Is this correct?

If so, I should just tell her to go to https://www.accordancebible.com/and download the "Lite" version onto her Chromebook. Is this all correct?

Thank you for your help,

Kristin

Chromebooks run ChromeOS. Accordance Lite is a Windows app. They are different animals. 

On a Chromebook you need to run the Android version of Accordance, installable from the Play Store on the Chromebook. 

Chromebooks run ChromeOS. Accordance Lite is a Windows app. They are different animals. 

On a Chromebook you need to run the Android version of Accordance, installable from the Play Store on the Chromebook. 

Hi ScottDF,

Thank you for clarifying. I saw another thread that said that Accordance apparently does work decently on Chromebook (though not as perfectly as Windows). In any case, she also has an Android phone. Do you know if the Accordance Lite for Windows or the Android app has a note section that would let her bold and italics?

Thanks,

Kristin

Accordance Lite is really Accordance. They run on Windows. They do not run on Chromebooks. Can you tell me which thread you are looking at? I don't think they are talking about the Windows version of Accordance that is running on the Chromebook. 

Accordance Lite is really Accordance. They run on Windows. They do not run on Chromebooks. Can you tell me which thread you are looking at? I don't think they are talking about the Windows version of Accordance that is running on the Chromebook. 

Hi ScottDF,

If I am understanding correctly, the Lite version does not have a note section. If that is correct, it doesn't really matter if it would run on her Chromebook or phone, as all she needs is a note section.

She is currently using the free note section from BibleGateway but it apparently does not have any formatting options (such as bold and italics), and she asked me for a recommendation. So I thought the Lite version would work, but if the Lite version does not have Notes, then it would not.

Concerning the Chromebook though, please take a look at the response by Matt Robertson on this thread:

https://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/24634-accordance-android-app-on-chromebook/

Take care,

Kristin

We technically have Lite (that is, free) versions of Accordance on Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android. On a Chromebook you would need to run the Android version, which--as mentioned--has had mixed results in the past. I don't have a Chromebook, so I personally can't test to see if the Android version has improved in ChromeOS. Perhaps someone else can chime in.

Having said all that, note-taking is one of those features still to be implemented on Android, although I know it is receiving priority attention right now for an upcoming release (no timetable, though).

• Like 1

The post you cite is for the Android app on a Chromebook. Not for Accordance Lite, which only runs on Windows. If you look at this page, https://www.accordancebible.com/Lite-Limitations/, you will see that Lite does keep Notes, but it only runs on Windows. It does not run on a Chromebook. The Android app does take notes. I don't know if that will be sufficient for you or not. 

Edited by ScottDF

R. Mansfield, the app runs well enough on my Chromebook, but is in general quite stripped down versus the full Windows or Mac program, as you know. I look forward to further releases. 

• Like 1

We technically have Lite (that is, free) versions of Accordance on Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android. On a Chromebook you would need to run the Android version, which--as mentioned--has had mixed results in the past. I don't have a Chromebook, so I personally can't test to see if the Android version has improved in ChromeOS. Perhaps someone else can chime in.

Having said all that, note-taking is one of those features still to be implemented on Android, although I know it is receiving priority attention right now for an upcoming release (no timetable, though).

Hi Rick,

Thank you for clarifying. If Notes is not a feature on the Lite version, then that really resolves my question as it would not matter if it runs on Chromebook or not, since all she needs is a note section.

Take care,

Kristin

Notes will be usable in the Android version, even at the Lite level, as soon as they are available for Android itself.

• Like 1

Notes will be usable in the Android version, even at the Lite level, as soon as they are available for Android itself.

Hi Rick,

Oh, ok. Thank you for clarifying and I will let her know that it is not an option at the moment, but that in the future when the Android Lite version is available, I will let her know.

Take care,

Kristin

Kristen, as R. Mansfield is saying, Lite is just the free version. It is available now. It just doesn't have a Notes feature implemented yet. Watch for the Notes feature to be implemented. But Lite is available now. 

Kristen, as R. Mansfield is saying, Lite is just the free version. It is available now. It just doesn't have a Notes feature implemented yet. Watch for the Notes feature to be implemented. But Lite is available now. 

Hi ScottDF,

Yes, that makes sense. It is just that she does not actually need anything but notes, so if it does not have a note section yet, it does not matter if the Lite version is available or not. I will tell her to just keep using her BibleGateway notes. She does not like BibleGateway since it does not have text formatting, but I am not aware of another note program she can use in the meantime.

Take care,

Kristin