Searching Word with Various Colors, etc?

miqraot

What I want to search

I want to search "SECOND PERSON SINGULAR SUFFIX" and "SECOND PERSON PLURAL SUFFIX" in Lev.17-27.

What I did

I made this formula in Searching pane.

[RANGE lev 19-27] <AND> * @ [sUFFIX second]

What a result came

As below:

http://www.miqraot.com/pictures/accordance/sam1.jpg

But!!!

1. I want to display whole chapters and verses (from Lev.19-27) in window.

(As you see, it is missing Lev.19:1,7,8,11, because there isn't any suffix what I am looking for. However, I want to display Lev.19:1 and other missing verses too.)

2. I want to know whether it is possible to be displayed with various colors for searched suffixes. For example, 2nd.pl.suffix-Red color, 2nd.sg.suffix-Blue color.

1. I want to display whole chapters and verses (from Lev.19-27) in window.

(As you see, it is missing Lev.19:1,7,8,11, because there isn't any suffix what I am looking for.  However, I want to display Lev.19:1 and other missing verses too.)

Display More options by clicking the little triangle (if you haven't done so yet), and use the Add Context pop-up menu, located on the upper right corner, to choose the number of verses you want to appear around the verses containing the hits. The default is 0, and that's why you can't see displayed the verses with no hits in them.

2. I want to know whether it is possible to be displayed with various colors for searched suffixes.  For example, 2nd.pl.suffix-Red color, 2nd.sg.suffix-Blue color.

No, this is not currently possible.

Hope this helps.

Add Context pop-up menu, located on the upper right corner, to choose the number of verses you want to appear around the verses containing the hits.

Aha... Now I know that I didn't know "ADD CONTEXT" menu.

Thanks alot!

While this doesn't get exactly at what you want, you could define Lev 19-27 as a range, then do two searches:

[sUFFIX second plural]

Click Details after this search, and press "Keep."

Then do a new search in the same window:

[sUFFIX second singular]

Click Details again, and you will see a superimposed distribution chart of their relative frequencies:

post-72-1126812980.jpg

You could also copy and paste the results of a [sUFFIX second] search into a word processor that lets you search for formatting (copy from Accordance in Yehudit encoding to Word, perhaps? Mellel's search facility is rather basic at this point, and Nisus Writer Express doesn't seem to allow searching on formatting) and change the color yourself there with a find/replace operation.

Thank you for your kind reply.

You could also copy and paste the results of a [sUFFIX second] search into a word processor that lets you search for formatting (copy from Accordance in Yehudit encoding to Word, perhaps? Mellel's search facility is rather basic at this point, and Nisus Writer Express doesn't seem to allow searching on formatting) and change the color yourself there with a find/replace operation.

This suggestion is very interesting!

I have never thought before to do like this. I will try. :lol:

Archived