Helen Brown

Emerald

• Admin
  • 11,698 posts
  • Twitter:accordancebible
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 10 January 2011 - 03:15 PM

Yes, I think New Interpreters is in the pipeline.

As for volumes or smaller sets, they tend not to sell so well. How many people would prefer to buy parts of NICOT/NICNT rather than the entire set?

Oops, I stand corrected! We only have the older Interpreters Bible and Interpreters Bible Dictionary. The good news is that these should be much more affordable than the new materials, which we have not yet been able to license in any case.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#22 RobM

RobM

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Interests:Hebrew, ANE languages and literature, Literary Theory
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 10 January 2011 - 06:14 PM

As for volumes or smaller sets, they tend not to sell so well. How many people would prefer to buy parts of NICOT/NICNT rather than the entire set?

For me, economics is the primary driver of my purchasing. If I had the money then I'd spend about $2K or more right now on commentary sets and other things. But in the real world, I can't do that. So, I try to figure 1) how much can I spend and 2) what way of doing things would be the best value. For example, I've been thinking about buying the NAC commentaries. Right now I can't afford the full price for the entire set (even though it's on sale). However, I have resisted buying any of the smaller sets of this series because the value is not as good as buying the whole set all at once. I would probably be more likely to buy the set in pieces if the total of all the pieces equaled the total of the whole set. I understand the advantages of the marketing scheme for not doing it this way, but the bottom line is, you have one customer who has decided not to spend any money on the commentary series because of it. The situation would be the same with NICOT/NICNT. I imagine that the cost for the entire set would be out of my reach for a while and would probably want to buy individual volumes as the need arises (or would buy smaller bundles wherein there is only one volume I need at the time). But even with this I would hesitate if purchasing individual volumes or small groups ended up with me spending several hundred dollars more than the price for the entire set.

I'm sure not all are in my situation, but I'd bet there are many that are (particularly students). I think the smaller groups of volumes would sell better if the value on them would collectively add up to the value of the entire set. Does that make sense?

#23 fight'n exegete

fight'n exegete

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 03 April 2011 - 01:57 PM

Just wondering how this was coming. Any estimates on timing or price?

#24 Jeremy Brannon

Jeremy Brannon

• Accordance
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Jesus, Family, Small Groups Ministries, Drums

Posted 03 April 2011 - 07:42 PM

Sorry for the wait!. I'm working on NICNT/NICOT as quick as I canů I appreciate your patience and can tell you that it will be well worth the wait :) I could not comment on the pricing and/or packaging because I simply have no information on thatů No doubt it will become clearer when I am able to finish it up!

Sincerely,
Jeremy
Jeremy Brannon
Accordance Text Developer
Oaktree Software

#25 RobM

RobM

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Interests:Hebrew, ANE languages and literature, Literary Theory

Posted 03 April 2011 - 08:44 PM

Sorry for the wait!. I'm working on NICNT/NICOT as quick as I canů I appreciate your patience and can tell you that it will be well worth the wait :) I could not comment on the pricing and/or packaging because I simply have no information on thatů No doubt it will become clearer when I am able to finish it up!

Sincerely,
Jeremy

So it's in development, excellent!

#26 Fr. Rich

Fr. Rich

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Interests:My grandchildren
    Bible study
    Adjusting to retirement
    Fly fishing

Posted 04 May 2011 - 01:19 PM

Any update on when NICOT and NICNT will be available?

Rich Miller
Retired Priest
Christ the King Episcopal Church
Huntington, Indiana

Accordance 11.x running on Yosemite on MBP late 2014; iMac 25K retina display late 2014

Labor mediator and arbitrator

#27 Brent Lawrence

Brent Lawrence

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  • Interests:Jesus, my wife, my kids, my church, the Boston Red Sox, baseball in general, my Macs, golf (when I have time to play).

Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:58 AM

Just curious where this might be in terms of coming to Accordance. It seems to be available on a number of different electronic platforms, but my hope is that Accordance can at least give a thumbs up that it's coming sometime in the not too distant future.

#28 Rick Bennett

Rick Bennett

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 2,703 posts
  • Interests:´ú┐ gadgets, coffee, running and cycling, Rays baseball
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:01 PM

Just curious where this might be in terms of coming to Accordance. It seems to be available on a number of different electronic platforms, but my hope is that Accordance can at least give a thumbs up that it's coming sometime in the not too distant future.

Yes, it's coming sometime in the not too distant future.
Rick Bennett
Director of Content Development

#29 Brent Lawrence

Brent Lawrence

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  • Interests:Jesus, my wife, my kids, my church, the Boston Red Sox, baseball in general, my Macs, golf (when I have time to play).

Posted 26 May 2011 - 03:41 PM

Great news.

#30 WGTShedd

WGTShedd

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, Theology, Walking, Rowing (indoor) and Scotch

Posted 14 July 2011 - 02:03 PM

Hmmm, it has been almost two months. Any more news or update on its release? My annual book budget is getting lower; I think I have enough set aside to purchase the upcoming set. Just curious as to when it will come out. Would love to have it before September when I have to go overseas to teach (rather than pack a few NIC commentaries). I think we first got wind of its arrival in January. Just curious as to when. Thanks in advance.
Pastor (PCA); B.A., M.A.R., Ph.D.
Adjunct Seminary Professor
Visiting Lecturer in Theology and NT in S. Africa

#31 Rick Bennett

Rick Bennett

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 2,703 posts
  • Interests:´ú┐ gadgets, coffee, running and cycling, Rays baseball
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 14 July 2011 - 03:31 PM

Hmmm, it has been almost two months. Any more news or update on its release? My annual book budget is getting lower; I think I have enough set aside to purchase the upcoming set. Just curious as to when it will come out. Would love to have it before September when I have to go overseas to teach (rather than pack a few NIC commentaries). I think we first got wind of its arrival in January. Just curious as to when. Thanks in advance.

NICNT is getting very close to completion, with NICOT to follow sometime after. There was a good delay; details to follow in the coming weeks.
Rick Bennett
Director of Content Development

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users