Note Syncing with Portable Devices

eganaccord

I have read many posts about developing an Accordance iPhone application, but I don't think we need a full application. We really just need a way to sync notes taken on our portable device (ex. iPhone) with our Accordance desktop application. Perhaps Accordance could partner with a company that has already developed applications for the iPhone and other portable devices. Olivetree, Mantis, and Laridian, for example, specialize in portable applications. Working with those companies, Accordance could develop a way to sync notes between the portable application and Accordance.

Whichever direction Accordance chooses, I hope that Accordance begins developing methods for cross-platform syncing. The iPhone has triggered a portable computing revolution. I suspect that bible study on portable devices will continue to increase. Users need a way to sync notes taken on the road with Accordance's powerful desktop application.

For myself, I'm very happy with Olive Tree as a basic Bible Reader on my iPhone.

I hadn't thought of reading [or editing] my user notes on the iPhone (I have big fingers and find typing on it to be a real hassle), but I'd love a way to just read some of my Accordance modules on it.

Archived