We're up and running!

Timothy Jenney

I am VERY pleased to announce the first podcast is completed. You can download it—and subscribe to all future episodes through the iTunes store. Simply type "Lighting the Lamp" in iTunes' search box. It will locate the first episode.

Initially, we are going to be reproducing the webinar series, as we were not happy with the quality of those recordings. We also want to develop a pool of basic podcasts for new users [and potential users], as these are the people that need help the most. We will be adding more specialized podcasts as time goes on [your requests for specific topics will help us set our priorities].

You'll notice the audio quality is not very even on this first podcast, though it is intelligible. We have now found a workaround that will give us "demo-quality" on future episodes.

Meanwhile, let me encourage you to alert friends and family to this podcast series. We'd love to see our user base grow significantly, as that will allow us to bring more modules to market quickly. In addition to training people how to use Accordance, our goal is to teach the basic principles of good Bible interpretation.

OK, I need to get back to working on the next episode, "Searching by Word."

Edit: You can also just directly go to our podcast via this link: Lighting the Lamp Podcast

Dear Dr J.,

I did not know what a podcast was till about 15 mins ago! I tried it, couldn't believe how easy it was to access, enjoyed the music and thought the teaching was not only excellent but warm and friendly. And all for free! Congratulations to Accordance once again and to you personally.

Thank you,

Kevin.

Thanks, Kevin!

I just watched the Searching by Verse podcast. I think this will be an excellent resource and tool to get users up to speed. I must commend the Accordance people for being so user friendly and helpful.

And thanks Tim for taking the time to produce these!

Ed Cross

Thank you for this. I had never subscribed to a podcast before, but found it to be rather easy. I have not yet watched the full video, but I will this evening.

Again, thanks for the FREE information.

Jack

Thank you, Ed & Jack! :D

We here at OakTree feel privileged to serve users that are so supportive and enthusiastic. We also hope that these podcasts will reach many people who do not yet know about Accordance, so encourage your friends and family to watch too.

The podcast was basic, and I have been using Accordance for many years, yet I still learned something! Thanks

Jack

Yay!!! Been waiting for this. Thanks Accordance and Dr. J. You guys are "the bomb" as the young'uns say.

That Podcast was Excellent. The Old Preach told the young preacher, "Son, I tell the people and then I tell them what I just told them." That is kind of how this Podcast worked. You explained it and then demonstrated. I like it!

Thanks

That Podcast was Excellent. The Old Preach told the young preacher, "Son, I tell the people and then I tell them what I just told them." That is kind of how this Podcast worked. You explained it and then demonstrated. I like it!

Thanks

[chuckle] I like that quote!

Seriously, some people learn better from logically organized, point-by-point lists [the Keynote presentation]. Others prefer their information "contextualized:" they need to see it in action before it really sinks in [the live Accordance recordings]. Since we cover so much in such a short amount of time, I figured everyone would benefit from the repetition.

Glad you enjoyed it! More to come, so be sure to subscribe though iTunes...

Archived