Size limitation on new range definition

Mike Thigpen

I'd like to see the size limits greatly increased (or removed altogether) from the range definition. I have a couple of sets of verses, approximately 850 in one study and about 1500 in another, that I'd like to set up as a single range. Since the current limit is 510 characters, I've had to break up the studies materials into multiple groups. For larger studies like dissertations this is a real disadvantage. Some commands need the range to be specific in order to limit the results to the search results and not a larger group.

Thanks,

Mike

It will not be easy to expand the limit on the Ranges as defined in the dialog. As a workaround I suggest you save a Search window with all your verse references and use the CONTENTS command to search only those verses, i.e.:

[CONTENTS my references] my words or my construct

The limit on the search window entry box was raised to allow for very long strings of references.

Thanks for the work around. I've done this, but in some instances it still leaves me a bit lost. One of the things I'd like to have available is the analysis, but unless I've misunderstood, that feature is driven by the range. So, even if I use the work around, I can't restrict the range to just the verses in my search.

I think what I'm looking for is the next step. Accordance was wonderful at searching the entire text to generate a list that I'm working on. Now I'd like to focus Accordance's powerful engine on just those texts I selected, but the group is too large to create as a range. For advanced technical works this would be a great benefit.

Mike

The Analysis will work perfectly on just your results. The Range will affect only the display of the graphs, and the extent of the Concordance.

Thanks Helen for that clarification. I had known of the limitation regarding the concordance, but had missed that the analysis was not linked to the range. That is very helpful!

Mike

Archived