Anyone using an anti-glare screen?

Samuel Clough

I recently upgraded my Macbook Pro to a new unibody and the glare from screen is killing me. I vastly prefer matte but alas Apple doesn't see fit to offer that option below a 17" laptop. Anyway, does anyone have a positive experience with any of the anti-glare screens? I was looking at the Moshi iVisor AG but I can't find any opinions on it. I have seen a Power Support on a Macbook a while back but that was on a first gen before the LED screens.

• 3 weeks later...
There may be some hope, according to Appleinsider.

Yes, I saw that. Firewire came back to the 13" Macbooks so I guess it's possible. Of course, that would mean I'd have to sell a virtually new laptop and buy another one but it would be worth it. I've tried the PowerSupport film and the speckling is too bad. Photodon and ViewGuard are both sending me samples so I'm going to see if they are any better. My hopes aren't real high though.

Am I the only one who likes the glossy screen? If there's a glare, I simply tilt my screen in a different angle.

Am I the only one who likes the glossy screen? If there's a glare, I simply tilt my screen in a different angle.

I love the glossy screen. Have it on both my MacBook and iMac. I've never had a problem with glare at home, office, coffee shop or other location. It's interesting how it bothers some people but not others.

I love the glossy screen. Have it on both my MacBook and iMac. I've never had a problem with glare at home, office, coffee shop or other location. It's interesting how it bothers some people but not others.

Yes it is funny. It seems like glossy vs matte is the hottest topic on the more popular Apple forums like macrumors. For me the glare is a major issue. The glossy does look good for something like watching a dvd with no light behind you, but I use my laptop in all kinds of conditions and the reflections kill me. I also prefer the overall look of the matte. The glossy looks too shiny and "plasticky" to me. I am surprised that Apple doesn't offer both since professionals tend to prefer matte, but of course sometimes Apple just makes a decision and expects everyone to get on board.

Archived