Deleting Unwanted User Tools and Notes

Diggertoo

Being new to Accordance I've been practicing creating User Tools and User Notes. I haven't been able to figure out how to completely delete unwanted user tools and notes. I can delete the contents of the file, but the drop down lists under My Tools and My Notes in the resource palette still contain the names of the files I am trying to delete. What am I missing?

You want the Library Window (first option under the Window menu, also accessible via the cmd-opt-1 keyboard shortcut), which lets you manipulate your texts and tools.

Also check out episode 6 of the podcast.

You want the Library Window (first option under the Window menu, also accessible via the cmd-opt-1 keyboard shortcut), which lets you manipulate your texts and tools.

Also check out episode 6 of the podcast.

Thanks for the fast response. Will be tied up for a while but will look into that after while. Actually didn't expect such a quick response, but, ah, that's the Accordance people for you.

Jay

• 4 years later...

Hi guys, I'm having the same problem lately (with 10.3.1)… even two weeks ago I deleted something from my library by simply right clicking on the module and selecting remove. But today when I wanted to delete a user note file I found that that option is disabled (for all modules)… any ideas?

If your library is a popover, you can't delete modules. Be sure to open the Library as a zone to do this. You can accomplish this by:

1) Preferences -> Workspaces -> Uncheck the 'Always show Library as a popover'

2) Holding down 'shift' when opening the Library for a temporary change to zone

3) If the above don't work, its because you need to have room to show your Library as a zone - make your window bigger, or close some zones so there is room to open the Library.

Once the library is a zone, you should be able to remove without issue.

• Like 1