Tie-ing in modules on different workspaces

Ron Bailey

Is there a limit to the number of times I can 'tie' synchronising tabs to each other?

I work with two workspaces

The first workspace has all my columns tied into the first which is my basic KJVS text; this I call my Base Text. All the other other tabs, and there are 4 of them, are tied into that Base Text tab and it works beautifully.

The second workspace is my ESV studies workspace

on this I have, on one tab, which have 5 English versions and their notes tied to the Base Text on my first workspace. It works beautifully. However on this workspace I have 3 more tabs...

1. an ESVS tab

2. an ESV Study Bible tab... these two are modelled on Dr J's podcast

3. Original Texts; these are Greek texts and a KJVS and an ESVS for reference

4. An English versions tab which it tied to my No 1 Workspace, Base Texts tab and works fine

I have tried to tie tabs 1-3 above to the same Base Texts tab and can't get it to work

I tried to tie tabs 1-3 to tab 4 (as that was working) but it still doesn't work.

am I missing something in my logic here?

I am not aware of a set limit, but perhaps you are pushing the limits of what Accordance can manage! We will look into it. What exactly is not working? Is the Tie symbol appearing on the tabs? Do you have the entire text displayed so that it has something to go to when the base window goes to a reference?

I am not aware of a set limit, but perhaps you are pushing the limits of what Accordance can manage! We will look into it. What exactly is not working? Is the Tie symbol appearing on the tabs? Do you have the entire text displayed so that it has something to go to when the base window goes to a reference?

Yes, the little 'tie' icon appears top-right on all the tabs.

and NO! I didn't have the asterisk in the search windows.

It is now working beautifully. Many thanks.

Archived