Zondervan Pictorial Encyclopedia of the Bible

Ron Webber

Hello Helen,

Any chance ZPEB will ever be available as an Accordance module? I know you folks have worked with Zondervan on a number of other projects. I believe this would have a greater marketability to evangelical preachers and teachers than the critical Anchor Bible Dictionary. I would love to see it happen. :)

Best regards,

Ron Webber

Ron,

It's coming in the next year. :)

That's great news. I'll look forward to it.

Best regards,

Ron Webber

• 1 month later...

Pardon me for throwing out a non-Accordance-specific question, but it does kinda fit under this topic...

I see that CBD is offering the Zondervan Pictorial Encyclopedia of the Bible for $49 (regular price is $169. Normally, I wouldn't be tempted to get this because it's almost 30 years old. However, for this price, it's at least caught my attention. What are some of the opinions of folks in this forum toward it? Is it worth getting--especially for the discounted price?

Also, any clues as to why they would drop the price this much? Is there a revised edition about to be released?

I guess I'll take no replies as a reason to pass...

• 3 months later...
I guess I'll take no replies as a reason to pass...

It is very much worth it, especially at that price! I purchased my set in 1981 and it has been a great resource over the years. Wonderful articles covering virtually every area, and many nice photographs and illustrations. Still recommended.

It's a very nice resource and will be part of the Zondervan Scholar's CD to be released later this year.

Archived