Purchasing

Ben S

I anticipate taking the Accordance plunge soon, at least to get some things I can't get elsewhere. Long story.

I'm interested in acquiring, in particular the NIV Study Bible and Jewish Study Bible. The NIV appears to be available only with a package of other stuff.

As for the JSB, it looks like the cheapest way to get it is buy the Primary 8 library on sale at $79 (and I could then unlock the Schocken Bible as the free unlock) and then purchase the JSB.

Right?

Hi, Ben!

Yes, the NIV Study Bible comes in the Zondervan Essential Bible Study Suite for $69. It also contains a grammatically-tagged NIV Bible and the related Greek and Hebrew dictionaries, along with some other modules. This is actually a pretty good deal, as it will give you access to the original Greek and Hebrew words.

However, the JSB is not a "Bible," so you can't use your free unlock for it from purchasing the Primary Library 8 CD. It is classified as a commentary ("reference tool"), like most study Bible modules. It's only $35 though, so it's not too expensive as an add-on.

If you've been reading through forum posts, you have probably seen our constant appeals to "call sales and ask for advice." That's not our attempt to expose you to high-pressure selling. I have never seen a sales staff [anywhere!] that works so hard to get customers the very best prices on the modules they want. These folks are the best, and they know about discounts, packages and options that the rest of us haven't even thought of yet!

So, give them a call. Ask for some advice. It's free! :)

Oh, yes, and welcome to Accordance. Be sure and watch our weekly podcasts: "Lighting the Lamp." Subscribe to it on iTunes!

You are right that if you get the Library Introductory Level (on sale for $79) you can then unlock the JSB for $30. You can also use that included bible unlock to get the Schocken Bible. There is a slightly cheaper way, which is to just buy the code for JSB and then download it. This does require owning version 7 or 8 of the program, however. So basically the cheapest you could get the JSB for is: $49 (cost of version 8) + $35 (JSB unlocking code). However, for just $30 more you get the Schocken Bible (worth $30 normally!) and aaaallllll of the other introductory level content and it available on DVD. Honestly, the better deal is doing the Introductory Level, but you could start a bit cheaper. Hope this helps. I do also want to echo Tim's suggestion - call the office. They can easily walk you through all of your available options and see what is right for you. Perhaps you would be more inclined to start with the Jewish Collection rather than Library Collection, depending on other or future module needs.

I anticipate taking the Accordance plunge soon, at least to get some things I can't get elsewhere. Long story.

I'm interested in acquiring, in particular the NIV Study Bible and Jewish Study Bible. The NIV appears to be available only with a package of other stuff.

As for the JSB, it looks like the cheapest way to get it is buy the Primary 8 library on sale at $79 (and I could then unlock the Schocken Bible as the free unlock) and then purchase the JSB.

Right?

For what it is worth, I have an extra copy of the Zondervan Essential bible study suite that includes the NIV and many more. Essential Bible Study Suite. It is unopened and I would be happy to make a deal. Thanks.

Archived