Search and Copy Translations

kenyan

I have a couple of questions... and you may have answered one of them, but I'm not quite sure I understand yet!

1) Is it possible to search in multiple Bible translations at once? For example, "Show me every verse, within whatever range, in which the word 'justified' appears in any of the following translations: KJV, NLT, AMP." That sort of thing. Any way to do that?

The second is this...

2) Is there any way to include reference and translation info when I copy to my word processor? Currently, I select text and drag it in. But that leaves out any reference info which could appear at the beginning or end of the pasted text, like: "Eph. 6:1-5 (NLT)" and then the text would follow... Any way to do that?

Thank you.

Lowell

I moved your post here as I did not see any connection with the topic of HITS searching. In the meantime, you received a reply from your email to Martha at tech support, but I will amplify that here for general edification.

1) To search multiple translations, either open or amplify to All Texts in the Search All (in the Search pop-up menu). You can define your own group there of the specific Bibles you regularly search.

OR

Set up a series of windows, say KJV, NLT and Amp. Put your search argument (as complex as you want) in the KJV window, and in each of the other windows select LINK from the Enter Command submenu (Search menu) and select the KJV window, so the argument reads [LINK KJV]. Now when you change the search in the KJV, the other Bibles will be searches at the same time.

2) Instead of drag and drop, you can select the text and then use the options in the Copy As submenu (Edit menu). Copy As Citation (control-command-c) gives you:

Archived