Space between Chapters?

Fred Markert

I use Accordance for my daily devotions as well as study so I've set up 30 dated session files that I open each day with the standard chapters in Psalms and Proverbs I read for that specific day. When the file brings up the passages, the chapters -- the five consecutive Psalms and the one chapter in Proverbs -- all run together without any breaks or spaces between the chapters. I've included a screenshot.

Could you add an option or a preference that would insert a space or break between the chapters so that I hit a natural "stop" at the end of the chapter just like a print version of the Bible? That way I can concentrate and meditate on one Psalm or chapter at a time before moving on to the next one. As it is, I'm somewhat distracted by having to make sure that I haven't strayed into the next Psalm or chapter before I stop to take time to meditate on what I've already read. This would make it easier for me to make sure I'm reading and meditating on the truths in their proper context.

post-29768-125277793703_thumb.jpg

Fred, what if you just set your text to include a space after each paragraph?

Screen shot 2009-09-12 at 4.06.09 PM.png

R., Thanks for the hint! How did you do that??? I went into Preferences-->Text Display-->Show as: Paragraphs with Space and I got very different results. I've attached a screenshot. What am I doing wrong??

post-29768-125279572919_thumb.jpg

By chance, do you have the "Suppress Poetry" box checked in your Text Display settings?

By chance, do you have the "Suppress Poetry" box checked in your Text Display settings?

I did have it checked. Now it's working just like your example. Thanks so much!! It's exactly what I was looking for.

Archived