Another Copy as Citation option request

Scott W. Kay

May I make a minor request to be added to this feature? Can you add 13 to the "Scale font size to:" drop down menu? I use 13 for my sermon notes, and it would be really helpful to have that small added option, which would keep me from (still) having to reformat it to match my notes. Otherwise, I love this feature. Thanks!

(I made this comment on the blog site, but thought it may not get noticed there).

If you paste as plain text it should match whatever font, and size you are using. I tested this in Word, Mellel, OpenOffice.org, Nisus Writer Pro, and Text Edit (don't have Pages loaded on my MBP, yet) and it matched the existing 13pt font size. Some of the programs have a short cut key for this, or use the Paste Special command.

This isn't to say that we can't add a 13pt option, but represents a way to do it now without manually changing it each time you paste text into a doc.

HTH

Rick,

As a heavy Word user, I find no way to make "Paste Special" as a keyboard shortcut. I have to click Edit, then click Paste Special, then select "Unformatted Text" in the resulting dialogue, then click "OK" to paste the text correctly. This is handy to know, but man, that is a lot of steps to take when I am pasting A LOT of verses and portions of verses throughout my sermon notes. I wish there were an easier way. I've even created a script that is supposed to work on most apps, to paste text as unformatted text using command+option+V, but for some reason Word will let me do this with text off the web, etc, but never when copied from Accordance. It's a mystery to me as to why.

So, all that to say, thank you for your insights and help, but I'd really like to see that 13pt make it into the Copy as Citation menu. It would save me a ton of clicks and time.

Rick,

As a heavy Word user, I find no way to make "Paste Special" as a keyboard shortcut. I have to click Edit, then click Paste Special, then select "Unformatted Text" in the resulting dialogue, then click "OK" to paste the text correctly. This is handy to know, but man, that is a lot of steps to take when I am pasting A LOT of verses and portions of verses throughout my sermon notes. I wish there were an easier way. I've even created a script that is supposed to work on most apps, to paste text as unformatted text using command+option+V, but for some reason Word will let me do this with text off the web, etc, but never when copied from Accordance. It's a mystery to me as to why.

So, all that to say, thank you for your insights and help, but I'd really like to see that 13pt make it into the Copy as Citation menu. It would save me a ton of clicks and time.

It is unfortunate that Word doesn't function like most other programs in this respect. In Word 2004 I set shft+cmd+option v as Paste Special, and then arrow down and hit return, which speeds up the process a bit. I don't have the newer version to test there, but I imagine it is possible. It still isn't the best option, admittedly, which is just another reason why I don't use Word anymore.

http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/uploads/post-5629-125350051463_thumb.png

post-5629-125350051463_thumb.png

Thanks for helping me find where Paste Special was in the Customize Keyboard menu. I had no success finding it.

I set mine to function exactly as you did in your approach, but I'm running Word (Office) 2008, and using even the newly created shortcut invariably gives me a resulting dialogue window that requires a selection among options and then hitting "OK." (See attached picture). So, you've definitely saved me some clicks, but Microsoft has kindly complicated the process with it's "latest greatest" version of Word.

post-8600-125350113615_thumb.png

Thanks for helping me find where Paste Special was in the Customize Keyboard menu. I had no success finding it.

I set mine to function exactly as you did in your approach, but I'm running Word (Office) 2008, and using even the newly created shortcut invariably gives me a resulting dialogue window that requires a selection among options and then hitting "OK." (See attached picture). So, you've definitely saved me some clicks, but Microsoft has kindly complicated the process with it's "latest greatest" version of Word.

Yeah, this is the same in 2004, which is what I was referring to when I said that I arrow down and hit return (same as clicking OK). But, like you said still not the smoothest process.

Ah, OK. Sorry I missed that.

I really appreciate your help on this.

I guess I'll use one of these methods you've taught me unless 13pt happens to someday show up in the Copy as Citation menu :)

Archived