Original language unicode input

Woty Regan

Please allow real original language input in unicode rather than emulating a keyboard. It would make it a lot easier to type Hebrew searches, among other things.

I actually find it simpler that I don't have to switch my input layout depending on whether I'm searching for Hebrew, Greek, Arabic, English, etc., and I (at least) have learned to live with and make adjustments for the small differences between layouts.

In case it helps, you can copy and paste Unicode in to the search box from external sources.

I actually find it simpler that I don't have to switch my input layout depending on whether I'm searching for Hebrew, Greek, Arabic, English, etc., and I (at least) have learned to live with and make adjustments for the small differences between layouts.

In case it helps, you can copy and paste Unicode in to the search box from external sources.

If some people prefer it, it sounds like it should be a preference.

I only search in Hebrew and English though, and I use both languages all over my computer, and having the interface for doing so overridden is rather annoying. (Just like the QWERTY input is good for people who need it, but breaks the interface for people who don't--it's a pain to be trying to type in Hebrew and have the program refuse to accept the input because I'm in Hebrew mode!)

I'd also like to be able to put more than one language in a field, and I'd also like to be able to look up verses cited in Hebrew notation, which isn't possible with a search box that only accepts English input.

(Just like the QWERTY input is good for people who need it, but breaks the interface for people who don't--it's a pain to be trying to type in Hebrew and have the program refuse to accept the input because I'm in Hebrew mode!)

Accordance does not change the input based on the International menu, it changes it based on the field (or the font where you can edit text). If you are inside command brackets in a Hebrew field it does type English.

I suspect that you have not discovered the Use Israeli Keyboard option in Preferences: Greek & Hebrew. If you check this I think you will find your Hebtew entry will be mush less hassle for you.

The changes you request would require major rewrites of the program. Dual direction language entry is a very complex issue. MS Word still doesn't do it for Mac, but Accordance has handled it reasonably well for over 15 years.

Archived