Citation footnoting for iWork Pages 09+

Thanks!

Mike

Just in case you're wondering if there's interest, I'd like to see:

Citation footnoting for iWork Pages 09+

Thanks!

Mike

Second

So would we! If you check the Blog today you will see our response to the issue: Pages simply does not accept the footnote code that works in all the other word processors. We'll keep trying.

I just wanted to add that the inadequacy here lies with Apple. The new citation function in Accordance is placing "industry standard" rich-text encoding onto the clipboard. Word reads it, Open Office reads it, etc. but Pages does not accept the "footnote" rich-text tag. It really is a shame.

One can write a small script for use in Pages, that once you've pasted in the body text, would pull the footnote reference off the clipboard, create a new footnote, and then paste the reference text into it.

I have a AccordanceCitationPagesPaster script now working for pasting citations with footnotes into Pages. Email me if you want to test it out.

I would love to see this too, I use Pages not office (nor will I ever use office!) so this would be awesome, shame there are some problems with it but hopefully a way around it will be found. If I need to is this possible - to add the citations to open office then copy and paste along to pages (the bibliography) as those thing can be a nightmare to right.

I suppose I should mention it in here in the Feature Request forum. I have posted the solution for using Footnote Citations in Pages.

You can find the Accordance to Pages Citation Paster announced in this forum post.

Archived