Logos 4 Launched

Kit

I have to say im new to the whole area of computer bible software and did not find the purchasing process difficult. I found the comparison charts easy enough and knew just by the names that I wanted the library collection and not the scholar - brief checking confirmed this. There were no problems for me in ordering either. Perhaps its just me, I tend to be very thourgh before parting with large sums of money, I checked every book title compared it and decided what I felt was most appropriate for me at this time. I think all the information (and more) is there for users to make an educated choice of the most appropriate package, perhaps navigation can be improved but I felt its good to show that it is working fine for some. :)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actully,after posting I went to the website and I must say, the charts make it very simple. I don't think the site was set up this way when I bought. I'll retract my statements about the purchase process.

I think there have been HUGE strides made in the last year or so with respect to understanding and selecting the right package. Of course things could be easier, but I would argue that it is actually simpler to choose your package to start off with then any other vendor for the Mac.

I think there definitely could be work done to help people with interest or need in more specific areas. For example, a more complete "Greek Studies" add-on package that doesn't force you to choose scholar's edition. Maybe something like "First Year Greek" with more resources for "Second Year Greek", etc.. same for Hebrew, Early Church studies, and even LXX (wow... now it's actually an amazing array of choices!).

Another thing that would be of interest (to me at least) would be commentary bundles that help lower the cost and allowed me to focus on a type (e.g. Technical, Pastoral, or Devotional) or, my personal favorite, by book or particular study area. I know that publishers haven't woken up to this approach, and I'm sure they know their business better then I do, but I can speak for myself (and what I've heard from others, I would end up spending more buying what I need when I need it rather then making a choice and a massive purchase for a particular commentary set. With NICOT and NICNT coming in the next year (I'm hoping?) I'll likely try desperately to save up enough to buy more then I need to avoid spending 2x-5x the cost of a commentary.

Archived